DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone try "Command" or "Control" from Titan Drones, Inc?

Well I'm not trying to "troll" but offer my opinion, same as you are sir.

I feel as though the DBS and Boob antennas are well tested and documented. Titans are not, the video that was posted on a new channel and the only video on that new channel is suspicious to me raving about how great the case was.

Pardon me for being skeptical in the face of no significant beta program, leaderboard postings with your products, or evidence of any sorts.

I love your design and idea. The price is good too. However, I'm simply saying people breaking remotes open for 3,000' of distance is a waste. In the Phantom series the antenna mod was night and day, in the Mavic it's not that I've seen. Again the record thus far is with a bone stock antenna. If folks are struggling with reception, and the antenna makes a difference for them then great. I find in wooded or noisy areas the antennas make only small improvements overall. You're customers video for example, he flies from the heavy wooded area, and the expensive case and now unwarranteed controller only goes I thing 1500' more than he had before? He was elated! I would be pissed.

Send me one to test and I'll run it straight over the desert with a Battery mod and see why it can do and post a real review with real data.

Otherwise we are both trolling each other.

Send me one, I'll mod my remote (again after going back to a stock controller), and if it's amazing I'll review it and send you payment. Otherwise I'm entitled to my opinion, perception and skepticism.

No one has got the Mavic signal to break in a distance scenario. The battery, and battery mod is always the weakest point to go first. In my case I got 20,000' or 21,000' can't remember, and rock solid all the way out. No shaky or bad video, just great video like always! But I have a Battery Mod now, and I'm willing to strap two 3,200mah batteries to my bird and send it as far as I got signal.

James let's do a "ONE WAY" test and see what your controller antenna can do? One way until the juice goes out and land! That would be fun.

Send me one, I'll mod my remote (again after going back to a stock controller), and if it's amazing I'll review it and send you payment. Otherwise I'm entitled to my opinion, perception and skepticism.

No one has got the Mavic signal to break in a distance scenario. The battery, and battery mod is always the weakest point to go first. In my case I got 20,000' or 21,000' can't remember, and rock solid all the way out. No shaky or bad video, just great video like always! But I have a Battery Mod now, and I'm willing to strap two 3,200mah batteries to my bird and send it as far as I got signal.

James let's do a "ONE WAY" test and see what your controller antenna can do? One way until the juice goes out and land! That would be fun.

Do you really think they would send you one after all of the bad mouthing of their company you made? You have no couth my friend. "Your product don't work, it's garbage, and I proved it (in your own mind.) By the way, can you send me one?" You are some piece of work.... [emoji849]

Reactions: Yelobird
Do you really think they would send you one after all of the bad mouthing of their company you made? You have no couth my friend. "Your product don't work, it's garbage, and I proved it (in your own mind.) By the way, can you send me one?" You are some piece of work.... [emoji849]

I'm sorry who are you? Secondly, show me where I bad mouthed or said the things you claim?

I've never been nothing but complimentary of their products design and fit and finish. I have been however skeptical, and even suspected that they have used employees to make reviews... but that was a guess that struck a nerve apparently.

So Scott, my friend if you want to prove to the whole forum you're a liar and fabricate statements, mission accomplished. The word "Garbage" came fro you, not me.

As for asking for a free unit, well no one else on here wants to step up. So I might as well. Why don't you buy one and show us the amazing results over stock?

I'm someone who sees a company putting lots of time and logistics into a product. That is why I have one instead of beating around the bush for one. (Just getting to do the mod on it.) And to answer your next question, yes I bought my own and have no affiliation with this company. I bought it because of the product design and attention to detail. I own my own company (security and surveillance) and can see that this business truly cares about its clients. Your comments don't accomplish anything but make you feel good. No company is going to send you a product after the comments you have made.

I'm someone who sees a company putting lots of time and logistics into a product. That is why I have one instead of beating around the bush for one. (Just getting to do the mod on it.) And to answer your next question, yes I bought my own and have no affiliation with this company. I bought it because of the product design and attention to detail. I own my own company (security and surveillance) and can see that this business truly cares about its clients. Your comments don't accomplish anything but make you feel good. No company is going to send you a product after the comments you have made.

You're someone who tells lies about people. I never said their products were garbage, NOR did I state I have proved it otherwise.

So, I don't want an antenna, maybe you missed my point. I'll slow this way way down for you tiger. I believe the Mavic system is hard to improve on, therefore this antenna isn't needed. Or any antenna. But if you're going to sell one, at least provide data to backup your claims.

Good?

James, Not to change the subject, although with this heated debate going on, I am looking forward to the Tactical case. I should be ordering it in a couple of weeks or so. Keep up the good work and remember that most of us truly do appreciate what you do in this hobby of ours. Not too many vendors producing outstanding quality fit and finish products nor the customer service to stand behind these products.

-Simon

Just wanted to share what just happened. Earlier today, I was assembling my radio. When I finished I noticed the short cables that go from the radio to the Cyclone were missing. Thankfully I bought the whip antennas to go with this. I called them and they immediately called me right back. They asked to send them next day air to me. I told them that was not necessary and priority mail was fine. He took my address and hung up. He just call me back and ask for my physical address as he was going to send it next day air anyway because they felt bad. Now that is excellent customer service! Thank you Titan Drones for going above and beyond the call of duty!

Just received my Titan Cyclone kit!!! I purchased this based on My evaluation of the company, products, and service. Not assumptions, relation, or internet keyboard speculator advice. I would agree the Mavic in many ways is almost a perfect design. How it performs however is Not the same for Every area or individual. It may do 20000 feet by design for one person living by a corn field but for others (like me) I need an additional Umph to get further than 1/4 mile. I hope to have this installed tonight and present my numbers for a more Factual review versus the Assumed negative BS being presented. As a baseline in my area I can go a Flat 1950 feet in Any direction and the signal is gone! I have done 20 flights from this area and the result is usually within a repeatable 20 feet from that limit. If the Cyclone kit can get me more, I will be happy with the result. For the record, Yes I could go somewhere else but I don't want to. My home is where I can sneak 1 extra hour of play time out with my kids after work and I enjoy every minute of it! I will post my results no matter What they end up being. Positive or not but not Assumed!

Just received my Titan Cyclone kit!!! I purchased this based on My evaluation of the company, products, and service. Not assumptions, relation, or internet keyboard speculator advice. I would agree the Mavic in many ways is almost a perfect design. How it performs however is Not the same for Every area or individual. It may do 20000 feet by design for one person living by a corn field but for others (like me) I need an additional Umph to get further than 1/4 mile. I hope to have this installed tonight and present my numbers for a more Factual review versus the Assumed negative BS being presented. As a baseline in my area I can go a Flat 1950 feet in Any direction and the signal is gone! I have done 20 flights from this area and the result is usually within a repeatable 20 feet from that limit. If the Cyclone kit can get me more, I will be happy with the result. For the record, Yes I could go somewhere else but I don't want to. My home is where I can sneak 1 extra hour of play time out with my kids after work and I enjoy every minute of it! I will post my results no matter What they end up being. Positive or not but not Assumed!

Frankly that's what's needed! Hard and fast results! It's my only point! Let's prove how great it is.

I understand some people need boosted signal but if you're only getting 1,950' now I wouldn't expect much more from any antenna. At best you might double it!

But that's true of Many antennas. Most are directional in nature. An obstacle in between you and the bird is an obstacle. It will help, but it won't be any special powers! It will always work better with no obstruction.

Just wanted to share what just happened. Earlier today, I was assembling my radio. When I finished I noticed the short cables that go from the radio to the Cyclone were missing. Thankfully I bought the whip antennas to go with this. I called them and they immediately called me right back. They asked to send them next day air to me. I told them that was not necessary and priority mail was fine. He took my address and hung up. He just call me back and ask for my physical address as he was going to send it next day air anyway because they felt bad. Now that is excellent customer service! Thank you Titan Drones for going above and beyond the call of duty!

Good work Titan! We'll sort of, like DJI forgetting to send the controller with your new Mavic. But at least they are making it right!

Can't wait to see your unbiased results Tiger! Should be awesome!

My only issue is that these antennas are largely unproven. Even if the you tube video was real, the truth is these panels haven't been tested really. Maclak tested his and the results were substantial of memory serves me.

I will say it is a cool design and system. I've always hated the way DBS Antenna mounted to the Remote.

Good work Titan! We'll sort of, like DJI forgetting to send the controller with your new Mavic. But at least they are making it right!

Can't wait to see your unbiased results Tiger! Should be awesome!

My only issue is that these antennas are largely unproven. Even if the you tube video was real, the truth is these panels haven't been tested really. Maclak tested his and the results were substantial of memory serves me.

I will say it is a cool design and system. I've always hated the way DBS Antenna mounted to the Remote.

LightSpeed. I will post up my step by step results as I see them but I expect No result will satisfy your mission what ever that is. If its to say I was a fool to buy this, fine. If its that you are more educated with drones and how they work, fine. If as noted this in Any way improves my confidence or range I feel like I made a good choice for Me. I am fairly certain by your posts my Newbie results wont impress you but I am going to do my best to provide information to anyone interested that I achieve or fail to achieve. Can't please everyone as they say. Just trying to manage your expectations......

LightSpeed. I will post up my step by step results as I see them but I expect No result will satisfy your mission what ever that is. If its to say I was a fool to buy this, fine. If its that you are more educated with drones and how they work, fine. If as noted this in Any way improves my confidence or range I feel like I made a good choice for Me. I am fairly certain by your posts my Newbie results wont impress you but I am going to do my best to provide information to anyone interested that I achieve or fail to achieve. Can't please everyone as they say. Just trying to manage your expectations......

I think you guys are mistaken what I'm saying. I'm not a drone expert by any means. I'm simply saying there is NOTHING on the internet substantiating the claims of Titan Antenna.

I hope you and everyone else posts up amazing results! Even a before and after will do. Same run and path with and without. That's all. A couple screen shots etc.

I don't think you're a fool my friend. I modded my Mavic as soon as I could with a Nanosync antenna system. I later changed it to stock again. The reason was when I saw Cybernate rock a 50,000' plus run with a stock controller I went back to stock.

In the Phantom series you didn't even get close to the claim in most cases. A Antenna Mod was very impressive and helpful.

If you are a New Drone guy, I think you'll find the Mavic has great range out of the box. Also you will see that unfortunately the thing you will lose with any mod is portability and setup speed. The Titan has the fastest setup, but still you have to pack a panel around with you and keep it charged.

Again, all I've ever said is we need proof before I would buy, and that I wouldn't buy because of the stock range. But that's just me.

Looking forward to you're results!

IMG_8753.jpg With that out of the way..... If anyone is interested this is my First ever attempt at modding and a have a Huge 20 flights under my belt so use this info at your own discretion. To me, it would seem somewhat valuable since if I can do it, it Can't be all that hard. Package arrive within 3 days of order! Good start. Clean and organized packaging. Would have liked to see some type of paper instruction if at the least to remind me where the videos were on the net. Minor detail but I am sharing my view. Install was intimidating to start but I must say their YouTube video was by far the best I have seen for Any install/repair. Great filming, perfect detailed explanation, and a slow pace anyone can follow. Was Incredibly easy. Anyone that can slowly work a screwdriver and has a generally steady hand can do this! It is spooky cracking open this beautiful new toy but you get over it quick. Lol. Factory antennas came out perfectly with no damage. Could easily return to stock if I wished though I don't see why you would? I did also opt for the whip antenna option for local short flying. Below are images of how it looks with my current setup. I use the iPad 4 as my display so that is what is shown. Can't comment on phones or other but with the iPad the weight balance is almost perfectly centered on the Mavic remote. I trying to take a picture of me balancing it with my fingers but no go on getting that picture so you'll just have to trust me.?. Doesn't feel to heavy but remember I am New to this hobby so others may think otherwise. Fit and finish is absolutely beautiful. The parts appear to be clean cut laser and every detail looks well thought out. For now, I will show off some pics of how far I got mechanically. Tomorrow I will make a few test runs to see if its just pretty or improves my stock results. (based on My area!) I will have a second post (Hopefully much shorter) after my flight data review.

IMG_8749.jpg

IMG_8751.jpg

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8753.jpg

View attachment 19517 With that out of the way..... If anyone is interested this is my First ever attempt at modding and a have a Huge 20 flights under my belt so use this info at your own discretion. To me, it would seem somewhat valuable since if I can do it, it Can't be all that hard. Package arrive within 3 days of order! Good start. Clean and organized packaging. Would have liked to see some type of paper instruction if at the least to remind me where the videos were on the net. Minor detail but I am sharing my view. Install was intimidating to start but I must say their YouTube video was by far the best I have seen for Any install/repair. Great filming, perfect detailed explanation, and a slow pace anyone can follow. Was Incredibly easy. Anyone that can slowly work a screwdriver and has a generally steady hand can do this! It is spooky cracking open this beautiful new toy but you get over it quick. Lol. Factory antennas came out perfectly with no damage. Could easily return to stock if I wished though I don't see why you would? I did also opt for the whip antenna option for local short flying. Below are images of how it looks with my current setup. I use the iPad 4 as my display so that is what is shown. Can't comment on phones or other but with the iPad the weight balance is almost perfectly centered on the Mavic remote. I trying to take a picture of me balancing it with my fingers but no go on getting that picture so you'll just have to trust me.?. Doesn't feel to heavy but remember I am New to this hobby so others may think otherwise. Fit and finish is absolutely beautiful. The parts appear to be clean cut laser and every detail looks well thought out. For now, I will show off some pics of how far I got mechanically. Tomorrow I will make a few test runs to see if its just pretty or improves my stock results. (based on My area!) I will have a second post (Hopefully much shorter) after my flight data review.

View attachment 19514

View attachment 19515

View attachment 19516

View attachment 19517

Good job! It's scary opening your remote and the Mavic remotes can be fighters!

It does look huge, I ain't going to lie. Very nice, but big.

I wish one of the big distance guys on here would do a long range run with this antenna.

Hey a piece of advice-

I realize that James in his video for this antenna takes the antenna off and on without the wires hooked up and the remote on, but you need to make sure to never turn your remote on without the antenna and wires hooked up. It's a good and pretty reliable way to FRY your remote!

Just be careful or you'll be getting a new remote and having to Mod it again.

For anyone interested. I decided to move the remainder of my review to the "Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System" forum topic page as it seemed more appropriate and on topic since this page is for the Command and Control product discussions. I hate to clog forums with misplaced content or redirect content off topic. Add to that it Seems like a few here "Lightspeed" have a personal agenda or mission against me or this product? Every forum has them, but I was simply trying to provide positive Real feedback not a bash what I don't know topic. So if anyone is interested, I moved my story and info to that topic page. Happy flying all.

Hey a piece of advice-

I realize that James in his video for this antenna takes the antenna off and on without the wires hooked up and the remote on, but you need to make sure to never turn your remote on without the antenna and wires hooked up. It's a good and pretty reliable way to FRY your remote!

Just be careful or you'll be getting a new remote and having to Mod it again.

That's not the case actually. Since ours is all in one meaning the amps are always connected to the antennas in the enclosure you do not risk burning the amps nor the rc. This is absolutely an issue when you have have amps powered on and it's not hooked to an antenna. The qma connections give enough protection that the small amount of power the rc puts out so it is not an issue and won't fry your rc without antennas on there. It's a good practice to always have antennas hooked up because of the way other systems are built but you don't have that problem with ours. Thanks for mentioning it though and allowing me to explain and correct that for people. It's a good FAQ question I'm adding.

Reactions: scottebay
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat