DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using the new iPad Pro with M1

Raptorman

Reactions
I'm thinking about upgrading to the Air 2S and getting the new iPad Pro with M1 SOC, I know it SHOULD be compatible with Fly and Assistant but can anyone with the new iPad confirm this? North of $1K for a tablet that SHOULD work but doesn't is not something I want to experience.

Brian

I own a new 12.9 M1 iPad Pro and an older Mavic Pro, but I don't use them together. I stick to my iPad4 Mini

Reactions: Desert Drone Works
Well I opted to go with the Samsung S7+ which is also too large for the tablet mount that DJI sells (resells) for it but I plan to modify the mount to make it work -- I received the tablet yesterday and the mount today. The mount it 10-12mm to narrow an opening to handle the S7+ but I plan to fix that.

Brian

I'm thinking about upgrading to the Air 2S and getting the new iPad Pro with M1 SOC, I know it SHOULD be compatible with Fly and Assistant but can anyone with the new iPad confirm this? North of $1K for a tablet that SHOULD work but doesn't is not something I want to experience.

Brian
Just in the event somebody searches on this topic...I have a buddy using an M1 iPad Pro (the larger one) connected to a Mavic 2S and it works beautifully. I just ordered an M3 Combo and an iPad Pro (big one) with the magic keyboard. For the next several months we (in Alaska) will be flying drones from within our cars and trucks. The iPad sits on the dash and provides a good view of the camera. We just have to be careful to get the car pointed in the direction we are flying so we can maintain visual but that's better than sitting outside for an hour at -10F :). Pretty soon -10F will seem warm :), then we'll find out how long the batteries really last and if the gimble works at -20F :). So far the FPV drone is not fazed by -10F.

Reactions: Desert Drone Works
My latest 11" ipad Pro with the M1 will not see the video transmission from my Mavic 2 Pro- There is an issue- it worked fine with my old ipad pro 10.5" and it works fine with my iPhone 12 Pro Max- something about the M1 chip. Couldn't see the video transmission or calibrate the compass in app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMatt