DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are Master Airscrew Propellers worth it for Mavic 3?

I have never flown with stock props on my M3P so I cannot say but the MAS props are super quiet IMO. All low flying drones will disturb the neighbor but if you can manage 75 feet or high, you should not have a problem unless you hover in plain sight. All hovering drones sound louder and more annoying to the person being observed. I would say get the MAS props if the color tips the scales for you.

Reactions: Cafguy and umanbean
According to every comparison review I have watched, regardless of drone, the MAS are the same loudness as OE. BUT, they have a lower tone, much more pleasing and less noticeable to the ear. As Mavic3USA mentioned, color is the only other real benefit.

I recently swapped out the OEM DJI props on my Mavic 2 Pro for the MAS props. As others have noted, the volume is about the same, but the pitch is slightly lower.

I have them on all my drones including the Mavic 3 Pro , they do change the tone and that is what I like considering the neighbors can tell me which ones pierce the veil of there home. lol

So for me they do make a difference on all the drones.

View attachment 167967

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
I've always been curious, Does the wetsuit help in any way to absorb the sound?

Thanks everybody for the input so far!

I love my Mavic 3 Pro but it is quite loud, and I don't want to disturb the neighbors.

Do you think MA props would help bring the noise down?

What is your experience with them?

Thanks a lot!

Caleb
If your neighbors are disturbed by your drone flying, it is doubtful that changing the pitch of the sound will alleviate their objections to your drone. It's not the sound they object to, per se, but the drone itself. Since the sound is just as loud, it won't make them any less aware of the drone when you merely change the pitch.

Hovering is what annoys neighbors the most. Avoid it at all costs. Don't shoot panos or static hyperlapses. Fly away as quickly as possible, as high as you can, and land in a glide path, with a quick hand catch on the return. Assure them that any crossing over their property is merely incidental to your flights.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I know all the tricks to getting my drone up at 3am :

First : Open the Garage Door that makes a lot of noise an makes for a good cover
Second: Wait till the Wind starts howling
Third: Wait to the Thunder Starts
Fourth : Start the Car with the Garage Door going Up
Fifth Wait for the Train.

The Tricks do help but the best one was changing the Tone of the Drones with the MS props , that was a game changer as some sounds just travel further waking the woman and her babby next door.

The only drone I cannot fly is the FPV , that lasted about 1 week and the Neighbor lady was all over me. lol

She is my tone tester, she lets me know , an we have been good for years now.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain at night using Phantomrain tricks and special tones.

Reactions: solidhouse
I recently swapped out the OEM DJI props on my Mavic 2 Pro for the MAS props. As others have noted, the volume is about the same, but the pitch is slightly lower.
Just as a matter of interesting and if you are willing, could you post the DATs from a flight made using DJI props and a similar flight made using the MAS props?
If possible include in both flights a 30 sec to 1 minute hover in still air.
If you sync your logs with DJI you'd need to switch syncing OFF before you fly the flights.

If you use a smart controller I do not know if it records DATs, if you use an RC1B standard controller there will be no DAT.
The RC1A creates the DAT in the folder whose name starts with "MCDatFli" .
DATs from the drone itself are unreadable.

The DATs record motor-rpm and it would be interesting to compare motor speeds, posting the the relevant .txt flight logs would be interesting too as they include the current drawn from the battery.
You could even leave the drone switched on whilst you change the props, that way only one DAT would be needed.
Thanks either way.

First : Open the Garage Door that makes a lot of noise an makes for a good cover

The Tricks do help but the best one was changing the Tone of the Drones with the MS props , that was a game changer as some sounds just travel further waking the woman and her babby next door.

The only drone I cannot fly is the FPV , that lasted about 1 week and the Neighbor lady was all over me. lol

Phantomrain.org
I your specific case, especially with a sleeping baby involved, it is the sound being objected to, rather than the drone itself. MAS props definitely help there! However, I don't think your average Karen will be appeased by a mere change in the pitch of the sound. Just depends upon his neighbors and what their real objection may be to his drone flying.

Totally agree that anything you can do to minimize neighbors' awareness of your drone flying helps! Timing launching with covering ambient sounds helps! However, that noisy garage door might annoy her more than the drone, if it wakes up the baby! However, then you can blame it on the wind, the thunder, and the train! HAH!

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I love my Mavic 3 Pro but it is quite loud, and I don't want to disturb the neighbors.

Do you think MA props would help bring the noise down?

What is your experience with them?

Thanks a lot!

Caleb
IMO, if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it, personally I would always stick with OEM parts.

Phantomrain.org

I rarely ever hover over my house or the homes of others - only the sound at takeoff and landing is a problem for my M3P.

I had always launched my Mavic Air 2 from my backyard, and my next-door neighbor never objected.

But as soon as I get my M3P, here comes a text from the neighbor... 🤔

So I just ordered the MA props - I think they will definitely help.

Thanks everyone for your valuable input!

I pretty much only fly with MAS props on my Mavic 3, Mini 3 Pro, Avata and DJI FPV, and have them pre-ordered for the Air 3.
Of all the drones, the Mavic 3 showed the biggest difference in sound to my ear - much more pleasing tone with the MAS props. I like the colors and the ability to use that bit of color to find my drone if lost in the bush, tree or grass. The bright red props on my Avata have helped me quickly locate it after crashing.

Reactions: mavic3usa
I pretty much only fly with MAS props on my Mavic 3, Mini 3 Pro, Avata and DJI FPV, and have them pre-ordered for the Air 3.
Of all the drones, the Mavic 3 showed the biggest difference in sound to my ear - much more pleasing tone with the MAS props. I like the colors and the ability to use that bit of color to find my drone if lost in the bush, tree or grass. The bright red props on my Avata have helped me quickly locate it after crashing.

And for anyone who doubts you can see the colors when flying, when my FPV with MAS is hovering, all I can see if 4 large red/orange discs rotating. It's beautiful since my FPV is in racing colors.

I’ve flow my MA2 since “birth”, it’s birth with MAs and love them. They look great too and they have never let me down. Not a very technical response but hope it helps.

IMO, if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it, personally I would always stick with OEM parts.
Call it coincidence, but both of my crashes happened with MAS props on! The props shatter like glass. If you do any "tree trimming" with your drone, best to stick to OEM props. They are more likely to survive and still allow you to still fly the drone back, like a wounded bird. They rip and bend but they don't shatter! Similarly, if you handcatch, I'd rather be cut by a DJI bendable prop than a brittle MAS prop, if things go horribly wrong!

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart