DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attention DJI I Have A Demand!

Lon Denard

Reactions
There has been a lot of talk about the X Dynamics controller and yes it's pretty cool! However, DJI could put it to bed very easily in my opinion.

Make the Crystalsky compatible with the Smart Controller. I've actually been trying to figure out a way to make this happen since I've gotten the SC but to no avail. I'm a mech eng, not software. The mount would be easy, just make the controller side of the Crystalsky mount with longer attachment points to match the threaded holes in the SC or provide an adapter plate that uses the existing mount. Easy. Then they just have to have the USB C port output the same way the standard controller does. Shouldn't be THAT difficult. If it just displayed video or the map, I'd be happy! Obviously, a mount could be devised that accomplished the same thing with a phone or tablet.

What do you all think, am I nuts or a genius? 20190511_132407.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hactick
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
something like this

That is cool but I want to have two different things displayed like the X Dynamics controller. I might order this deal though if I just want a larger screen! I'm having trouble figuring out how you get the display on a tablet as to my knowledge, the USB on a tablet or phone is output only. I'm prepared to be corrected though. My main problem is that you can't have the HDMI display video while the SC displays the map. That's why I need the DJI GO4 to run on both devices. Great idea though!

There has been a lot of talk about the X Dynamics controller and yes it's pretty cool! However, DJI could put it to bed very easily in my opinion.

Make the Crystalsky compatible with the Smart Controller. I've actually been trying to figure out a way to make this happen since I've gotten the SC but to no avail. I'm a mech eng, not software. The mount would be easy, just make the controller side of the Crystalsky mount with longer attachment points to match the threaded holes in the SC or provide an adapter plate that uses the existing mount. Easy. Then they just have to have the USB C port output the same way the standard controller does. Shouldn't be THAT difficult. If it just displayed video or the map, I'd be happy! Obviously, a mount could be devised that accomplished the same thing with a phone or tablet.

What do you all think, am I nuts or a genius? View attachment 72127
Have you made your "nutty" demand on the DJI Forum?

My opinion. A gentle tap toggles you between a map and data. Seems like a lot of extra weight and space take for such a small advantage. I'd prefer watching my quad. { pro VLOS, yea! }

Have you made your "nutty" demand on the DJI Forum?

My opinion. A gentle tap toggles you between a map and data. Seems like a lot of extra weight and space take for such a small advantage. I'd prefer watching my quad. { pro VLOS, yea! }

Fair enough. This is "what if country"... You have a Bebop, remember when Parrot drones allowed you to toggle between cameras? What if you could toggle one screen to look out of an OA camera?

What if you didn't have to remove your hands from the controls to check the map? So it's "better" to take more time away from VLOS to check your map? If you're close to an NFZ and want to easily monitor your proximity to it?

Because it's running DJI Go 4, the second screen can be used to display anything the SC can. Example, if it's cold and you're concerned about battery, you can keep that page up on the second screen.

Again, this is in response to the X Dynamics drone's remote and it would be an OPTION. Some people would see a benefit and do it, some, like you, would not. Just like some people think the SC is stupid or the Crystalsky is a waste of money. I would like the option and all DJI really needs to do is enable the output. Lifthor already has a mount out and I'm sure others would follow.

I think the ultimate add on would be to eliminate the screen altogether and sell eye contacts that display what's the drone sees. Totally tubular!

• Haha
Reactions: JS1600
It wouldn't be rocket science to add a capability to create multiple custom views and then toggle through these views using one of the user-definable RC buttons. This IMO would be better than having two physical screens (along with the added bulk and weight) and would be a lot more flexible in terms of being able to change existing and/or add more views.

Reactions: Concern
You could always use a m2 controller connected to the CS and configured as the second controller. The second controller would allow different screen to be displayed, or even the ability to run 3rd party apps. You keep the SC as the main controller and operate as normal.

You could always use a m2 controller connected to the CS and configured as the second controller. The second controller would allow different screen to be displayed, or even the ability to run 3rd party apps. You keep the SC as the main controller and operate as normal.

I have done that but it's not as handy as my idea. I actually linked my standard controller with the Crystalsky, hooked it up to my TV and ran to the park and flew my drone with the SC. People at my house could see what I was shooting a mile away. Kinda cool.

My hopes and dreams are that one day some DJI employees actually read forums other than their own. Meanwhile, you're wasting your time here if your actual hopes were to get DJI's attention (as the title suggests).

Chris

Reactions: deleted member 877
9e5f6564e33d65de96f92051dbbb735b.jpg
21639ce45dd43824593624f325eef7ad.jpg

Hi Capt Barbossa,
I have the same Freeworld monitor as you but it works fine in flying mode on the SC showing a full screen camera view with no other data but when you change to map Mode the field monitor just displays the tiny image in the bottom left hand corner the same as on the SC

John Leate

Reactions: Gindra
Hi Capt Barbossa,
I have the same Freeworld monitor as you but it works fine in flying mode on the SC showing a full screen camera view with no other data but when you change to map Mode the field monitor just displays the tiny image in the bottom left hand corner the same as on the SC

John Leate

....????yeah im liking this setup... beats the CS as to some pros/cons.... im using a np-f750 battery on Amazon 2/$30 is a awesome price soo its not as heavy,also using the FM combos neckstrap...! i just been using it as my viewing monitor...& the settings on the SC screen.... the Lifthor SC/Pro bracket makes this a beast of a setup,& game changer!

....????yeah im liking this setup... beats the CS as to some pros/cons.... im using a np-f750 battery on Amazon 2/$30 is a awesome price soo its not as heavy,also using the FM combos neckstrap...! i just been using it as my viewing monitor...& the settings on the SC screen.... the Lifthor SC/Pro bracket makes this a beast of a setup,& game changer!

e890c1e60aa88e6ecf604006764b82f6.jpg

I too have the same setup and really like it. A lot! Have you found a way to eliminate the camera feed on the SC screen and have it only display the telemetry and other settings? I have the Freeworld monitor just showing the camera feed of course but the SC screen would be much cleaner and less cluttered if there was no camera feed there as well.

I too have the same setup and really like it. A lot! Have you found a way to eliminate the camera feed on the SC screen and have it only display the telemetry and other settings? I have the Freeworld monitor just showing the camera feed of course but the SC screen would be much cleaner and less cluttered if there was no camera feed there as well.

That's what I want as well!!! I'd put the map and tele there.

I did contact DJI support and they confirmed that there is no way to route the camera feed ONLY to the HDMI port. But they did say they were turning this over to their engineers, so who knows!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv