DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atti mode Mavic 2 pro

Yes, it's possible. Check out this thread:

Buy a $200 Hubsan 501ss. Flip a toggle switch on the controller and it changes from GPS to ATTI. If (when!) you get nervous, flip the switch back to GPS and all is good again. This drone even can be operated in full Manual Mode, which makes ATTI look like a picnic. Much better way to practice than with my M2.

I believe that knowing how to fly ATTI is very important.

These boards are full of flyaway reports. After a few years of experience in flying AND of reading those reports on these forums, you realize that there really are very few actual incidents of an AC that decides to just fly away. There are varied reasons, including hardware and battery failure, sometimes magnetic interference.

However, a good percentage of those are loss of GPS lock, or sudden unreliable GPS lock (flying between lots of tall buildings). Flying ATTI is the best way to handle those situations, usually the only way. If you don't know how, you panic at the sudden loss of "control", but it's not control you lost, it's position lock.

We're so used to having the craft stop when we let go of the sticks, that it's unnerving when it doesn't happen, causing one to panic and over-correct. All of the sudden, you are for once actually flying.

Which is why I was shocked to find that the Mavic did not having the familiar ATTI mode on the switch next to P and T. I'm happy to sacrifice Sport mode for it.

The Mavic will switch to ATTI when it loses GPS, but having manual ATTI lets you practice. And there are some other benefits, such as filming while drifting in the air with no stick inputs.

Chris

Is it possible / or wise to alter the software to allow flight in atti mode. Needed for me to train for my RePl.
I think when you fly indoors, you will always be in atti mode
Good luck

I think when you fly indoors, you will always be in atti mode
Good luck

Sucks when yer flying around in such a scenario and then it gets enough satellites ... then it doesn't, then it does! It depends on what part of the indoors you're flying in. It's not like there's a 100% drop off once you want through that doorway.

When I'm flying in iffy GPS reception, I would just rather be able to turn it off.

Maybe you can also wrap the drone with tin foil or something similar to block GPS reception, to get atti mode.
I'll try that at some point.

Maybe you can also wrap the drone with tin foil or something similar to block GPS reception, to get atti mode.
Why? There was a DJI Assistant hack posted above that gives you ATTI at the flick of a switch.

The antennas are in the front arms, so, just wrap the arms should do the job. Succes

That's not the GPS antennas, but rather your RC/AC antennas. You don't want to block those!

DJI should have had a mode to disable FC use of GPS but still use VPS so that indoor flights could be more reliable. ATTI will disable VPS as well as GPS.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard