DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ATTI Mode

Kb277

Reactions
Good day all, here in Scotland we need a CAA licence/approval to fly drones for commercial use. I am currently looking at doing this as i run a motorcycle tour and hire business. In order to obtain this licence we need to be able to demonstrate we can fly our drones safely in Atti mode. I have purchased a Mavic Pro due to the compactness of it for traveling with me on the motorcycle. It seems this specific drone cannot be put manually into Atti mode so its very unlikely i will be able to use what i have to demonstrate my flying capabilities in Atti mode. (i have done it successfully many times using a friends drone (phantom 4) however he has since sold this and got the new magic pro 2)

In order to complete this assessment and be able to use the drone for what i want i MUST fly in Atti as i previously stated, my issue is i cannot justify or afford another drone just to complete this course AND my friend no longer has his drone that had the capabilities. So finally my actual question; What is the most affordable drone option for flying in Atti mode that would satisfy the CAA in UK? Is there other options available?
I did do a search but other than covering the GPS antenna with a crisp packet i cannot find any suitable solution to get the MAvic Pro into Atti mode

ok thanks i will give this a go, im not very well versed in this sort of stuff. not sure if this would be acceptable for the CAA or not but will test it out and try anyway.
Thanks for your reply, i never save this article.

ok thanks i will give this a go, im not very well versed in this sort of stuff. not sure if this would be acceptable for the CAA or not but will test it out and try anyway.
Thanks for your reply, i never save this article.

Even though the modification is not mentioned in the manuals, it is done using DJI's own software, and it is only enabling a flight mode that is already in the aircraft firmware. I'd be disappointed if the CAA, the FAA or any other AA objected to that.

Reactions: Kb277
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu