DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amarand

Reactions
I've been fiddling with recording more video (I'm a photographer, mainly), and I see where you can enable Cache During Video Shooting as well as Record Audio with Video Cache.

So when I go back to play the video on the phone (DJI Go)/controller pair, I can hear the audio being recorded by my cell phone, which is nice/useful. Even if it's scratch sound, it's useful. I have better microphones, so I could absolutely sync up a lav recording separately to the scratch audio later. (Obviously I don't want on-drone sound, because that's just a hive of angry bees 24/7.)

When I pull out the card and put it into Lightroom or even open the files in Windows 10 directly, I have video but no audio.

Someone had mentioned that the "cached files" are located in \MISC\THM\100 but all I have there are a bunch of very small (around 12 KB apiece) files. Surely those aren't audio or video, are they? They also end in "THM" which isn't a file format I'm familiar with.

Is there a way to bring the recorded/cached audio back into the actual video recordings on the media card?

I have all sorts of tools to do this, so mixing audio and video is not a problem for me (Adobe Audition and Adobe Premiere) but I just can't locate the audio portion.

Thanks!

The video on the SD card has no sound because there is no microphone on the drone itself. But it's much higher quality video because it's recorded directly from the camera, where the cached files are what are transmitted to your cellphone or whatever over radio.

You can import the video files from the SD card and the file from your cellphone into a video editing program, sync them up and delete the lower quality video file. You need to unlink the audio and video files that come from the cache in order to just delete the video protion of it. How you do that will vary depending on what editing program you're using.

The video on the SD card has no sound because there is no microphone on the drone itself. But it's much higher quality video because it's recorded directly from the camera, where the cached files are what are transmitted to your cellphone or whatever over radio.

You can import the video files from the SD card and the file from your cellphone into a video editing program, sync them up and delete the lower quality video file. You need to unlink the audio and video files that come from the cache in order to just delete the video protion of it. How you do that will vary depending on what editing program you're using.

I went into the DJI GO app, and it had an Editor, and it made a hilarious "recommended" hip-hop remix of my flying this morning. Not exactly what I wanted.

But is there a specific way I extract the raw, cached video+audio files without using the editor or whatever?

My apps are on my PC (Adobe Premiere Pro) so I need to get that video-with-audio over into Premiere, and I know how to extract the audio there.

I went into the DJI GO app, and it had an Editor, and it made a hilarious "recommended" hip-hop remix of my flying this morning. Not exactly what I wanted.

But is there a specific way I extract the raw, cached video+audio files without using the editor or whatever?

My apps are on my PC (Adobe Premiere Pro) so I need to get that video-with-audio over into Premiere, and I know how to extract the audio there.

They are cached to your mobile device. On iphone you just go to file sharing and you’ll see the folder.

You can also just save that video from DJI Go 4 to your mobile device

Reactions: dawgpilot
They are cached to your mobile device. On iphone you just go to file sharing and you’ll see the folder.

You can also just save that video from DJI Go 4 to your mobile device

Forgive me, but when you say "file sharing" can you explain what you mean? I'm on iPhone, latest iOS.

Forgive me, but when you say "file sharing" can you explain what you mean? I'm on iPhone, latest iOS.
Open iTunes and plug in the device you use. Click on that device icon under the play button when it popes up. Below that on the left you'll see quite a few things pop up such as: Summary, Music, Movies, etc. At the bottom you'll see File Share. Click on that and you'll see a list of apps that have file sharing abilities, among them will be the DJI Go4 app. From there you just select the files you want and the location to save them.

Open iTunes and plug in the device you use. Click on that device icon under the play button when it popes up. Below that on the left you'll see quite a few things pop up such as: Summary, Music, Movies, etc. At the bottom you'll see File Share. Click on that and you'll see a list of apps that have file sharing abilities, among them will be the DJI Go4 app. From there you just select the files you want and the location to save them.
That, or set up Dropbox, download the cached videos to your phone’s camera roll, and sync with Dropbox to get them on your PC. Syncing up in Premiere should be pretty easy.

That, or set up Dropbox, download the cached videos to your phone’s camera roll, and sync with Dropbox to get them on your PC. Syncing up in Premiere should be pretty easy.
That sounds so much easier @Maviac. I'm still a fairly new pilot but always felt like there had to be far easier way to get these files to my computer. Thanks for sharing this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus