DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Automatic Landing Flyaway

Buddhamcbuddha

Reactions
Hi

I'm new to this forum maybe someone can help.

I was flying on a low battery when the drone went into automatic landing. I steered the drone to a safe area but then I lost connection during the landing

I got in the car and drove to the last known location but the drone was nowhere to be found. The landing area was a grassy track with a ploughed field on one side and a crop on the other. The drone would have been easy to visually locate if it was in this area.

I checked the flight record which showed the last known location to be above the trees. However I had steered it away from this location before I lost connection. The attached photo shows the location of the drone when I lost connection. However, when I checked the flight log file using the online flight viewer it showed that the drone had flown in a straight line out to sea! (see pic)

Can anyone explain why the flight log and the flight record offer different data?

DJI are refusing to accept the drone flew away because the Flight Record shows the last location above the trees.

They do not accept the flight log as it was read by a third-party app.

I've attached some screenshots as I am unable to upload the flight log.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Donald

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-01-10_[09-47-20].txt
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
  • Drone flightpath.jpg
    Drone flightpath.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Drone Landing Location.png
    Drone Landing Location.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 254
  • Drone Flight record 2.jpg
    Drone Flight record 2.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Flight Data 3.jpg
    Flight Data 3.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 175
  • Sensors 2.jpg
    Sensors 2.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 156
Yeah ... no heading speed but 2,8m/s descend, This from an height of 37,4m ... take away 20m high trees, then the M2 hit them after 6sec.
Unfortunately only pilot error to stretch the battery in that way ... not strange that DJI refuse ...

1584217746046.png

Yeah ... no heading speed but 2,8m/s descend, This from an height of 37,4m ... take away 20m high trees, then the M2 hit them after 6sec.
Unfortunately only pilot error to stretch the battery in that way ... not strange that DJI refuse ...

View attachment 96593

Agreed - that was a completely avoidable situation that the OP created by ignoring the battery level. I would not expect DJI to replace it, except under the refresh program, if it is recovered.

Thanks. That is useful analysis. However I steered away from the trees before I lost connection. Also, can anyone explain the discrepancy between Flight record and flight log?

thanks

...However I steered away from the trees before I lost connection. Also, can anyone explain the discrepancy between Flight record and flight log?

You didn't "steer" anything once the auto landing started at battery 13% ... look at your stick inputs during that phase (Dark brown field), no inputs at all.

1584225614925.png

What may have tricked you thinking that you had passed that tree line was probably that you didn't have your gimbal fully down (-90 degrees) ... seen here by the light blue graph, by mid the logged autolanding phase you had also a lousy connection which might have disturbed you video feed.

1584225778337.png

And if you by "-can anyone explain the discrepancy between Flight record and flight log?" mean that long track shown in one of your pics ... Well ... you had 211sec worth of battery time left to 0% ... to cover that distance ??? Don't know how you got that generated, nothing that exists in the TXT log anyway.

Sorry but this is only on you ... going to 13% battery still at 804m from HP ...

1584226236259.png

Thanks. That is useful analysis. However I steered away from the trees before I lost connection. Also, can anyone explain the discrepancy between Flight record and flight log?

thanks

If you mean the information in the screen shots that you posted above - those records are completely spurious. Where did you get those?

No - that's not it.

Not sure what one you mean.

Here are all the .dat files for that date.

What is the difference between the "mobile device DAT file FLY010.DAT " and original?

As you can see from the screen shot. For some reason I have two different flight records for the same flight.

Thanks

Attachments

• recent flights.jpg
    recent flights.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 39
  • 2020-01-10 09_47_20-0M63G6M001M031.dat
    2.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2020-01-10 10_03_26-0M63G6M001M031.dat
    680 bytes · Views: 5
  • 2020-01-10 10_15_14-0M63G6M001M031.dat
    148 bytes · Views: 5
That spurious positions might be when it’s in the tree and getting bad gps positioning.

thanks

The last recorded position was quite easy to identify as it was on the edge of the woods next to a solitary tree. I searched there and I'm sure the drone was not in the tree.

Not sure what one you mean.

Here are all the .dat files for that date.

What is the difference between the "mobile device DAT file FLY010.DAT " and original?

As you can see from the screen shot. For some reason I have two different flight records for the same flight.

Thanks

That can't be all of them, because you uploaded one with the filename ending FLY010.DAT to airdata. None of the files that you posted are that file.

If by "original" you mean the link on the AirData page, that's the AirData conversion of the DAT file to a csv file, not the actual original file.

The photos you posted with the yellow pin showing the final destination above the trees. Those coordinates are out at sea.

That can't be all of them, because you uploaded one with the filename ending FLY010.DAT to airdata. None of the files that you posted are that file.

If by "original" you mean the link on the AirData page, that's the AirData conversion of the DAT file to a csv file, not the actual original file.
Sorry! Here it is.

Reactions: DougMcC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet