DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autonomous flight app for Air 2S

Reactions
Hello!

I am trying to find the best apps and workflow to create an autonomous flight app for the Air 2s. I would want it to create a flight path that takes photos that I can come back time over time to repeat the same mission. I use the standard controller with my iPhone if that is required information to give a best answer. I know DroneDeploy can do this but wanting to stay away from that price point.

Main missions this would be used for:
- Progress pictures for Construction and agriculture.

Litchi uses virtual sticks. Not really autonomous, the drone has to remain connected to the controller. If you want to do a time lapse, that is built into the 2S under Hyperlapse.

Reactions: mavictk
I would need something to follow a path and take pictures providing a version of photogrammetry back to the client along with a couple other things.

Litchi uses virtual sticks. Not really autonomous, the drone has to remain connected to the controller. If you want to do a time lapse, that is built into the 2S under Hyperlapse.
Ahhh I thought Litchi allowed waypoints flight, needless to say I have never tried but I get the impression that what @guywholikesgolf wants is what I understand a "waypoint"-flight to be.

I recommend dronelink as its affordable and its got some nice New Features that I posted this week.

Reactions: Izzikiorage
Ahhh I thought Litchi allowed waypoints flight, needless to say I have never tried but I get the impression that what @guywholikesgolf wants is what I understand a "waypoint"-flight to be.
Litchi DOES do waypoints with the 2S. It is just not truly autonomous. If you lose connection, it does the default action. The Mavic 3 and A3 along with some of the older ones actually do have autonomous.

As @mobilehomer said, Litchi DOES do waypoints with the 2S. It is just not truly autonomous. If you lose connection, it does the default action. DroneDeploy will perform the same way if it loses controller connection.

The Air 2S does not have 'on board' waypoints because of the way DJI designed that drone. NONE of the flight apps will be totally autonomous for the Air 2S. You have to maintain controller/drone signal for missions to be completed.

Hello!

I am trying to find the best apps and workflow to create an autonomous flight app for the Air 2s. I would want it to create a flight path that takes photos that I can come back time over time to repeat the same mission. I use the standard controller with my iPhone if that is required information to give a best answer. I know DroneDeploy can do this but wanting to stay away from that price point.

You may want to consider moving “up” to a Mavic 2 Pro. It flies autonomously and works great with Litchi. And not expensive used.
I use it for exactly what you described.

Reactions: Aairon and Sam36401
What 'other Pro 2' versions are you referring to?

Several DJI Mavic 2 Pro drones sold recently, $600 - $1000 depending on the controller, batteries, case, extras

Hello!

FB IM me!

yes. Unlike the Mavic 3 or Air 3 which have onboard waypoints and allow you to choose to continue mission.
Does the Air3 support onboard Litchi waypoints from mission planner, or just DJI's fly it first and create waypoints. 🤔

And can Litchi be loaded on the RC 2, or is the phone version required? (This was so much easier on the original Air)

Does the Air3 support onboard Litchi waypoints from mission planner, or just DJI's fly it first and create waypoints.
As far as I have read, DJI hasn't released an SDK for developers. Which mean, that Air 3 pilots will have to rely on the DJI app.
As for loading Litchi on RC 2, it simply says 'No' on DJI's website in the FAQ when asked about loading 3rd party apps

Reactions: Jurgen
I use Litchi just fine for waypoints on my Air 2S. Yes, I have to send it up first with my controller and then start its routine. When someone says it’s not autonomous, if that’s what they mean, then fine. But it works well for me. You can save the program and run it time after time on the same flight path.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer