DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries ????

Paul QM

Reactions
Hi Guys,
I have a Mavic Pro that is around 3 years old, three of my four batteries (that had only 41 recharge cycles each) have swollen and are now as such useless. I was trying to purchase some new genuine DJI batteries as replacements but cannot source them anywhere and it looks like DJI are no longer manufacturing these replacement batteries.
I was wondering is DJI intending to start reproduction of these batteries in the near future?
Paul…

Reactions: mereflyer
I highly doubt it. They aren't known for bringing back discontinued products.

In the US, new Mavic Pro batteries are still easy to find. For example:
More can be found by searching eBay, Perhaps one of those sellers will be willing to ship to you.

More can be found by searching eBay, Perhaps one of those sellers will be willing to ship to you.
I bought 2 from Amazon last year. Still going strong.

My Mav Pro - same age as Paul QM's, My 3 batteries still OK but lost the original "Zing" so will look at your suggestions.
Thanks for that!

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Cannot get a hold of a genuine DJI battery here in the uk and any that can be sourced are way overpriced. Opted for a third-party battery to give it a try.

I must say that I am deeply disappointed in DJI for the discontinuing of replacement parts for a drone that they manufactured and sold only a few years ago. This practice will come back to haunt them. I would expect a product of this cost to be supported for 10 to 15 years after production. The new laws coming in in the UK will prevent this kind of fly by night practises. I have recently purchased a DJI Mini 2 and must say this is the last drone I will be purchasing from DJI due to their lack of support for their products.

I have a 15-year-old Suzuki motorbike that I can still still get genuine replacement parts for at reasonable prices, Now that’s product support for you.

P…

Thinking outside of the box, would it be possible to buy the individual cells new and reassemble the battery?

Thinking outside of the box, would it be possible to buy the individual cells new and reassemble the battery?
I know a wee bit about a lot of things, but that has lost me completely? but I am curious?

I know a wee bit about a lot of things, but that has lost me completely? but I am curious?
The M2P battery has 4 independent cells. I don’t know if DJI makes the cells or buys them from a supplier. If the latter, the cells should have a part number and be available for purchase somewhere. Through the GO app you would know which is the bad cell and you could remove it and solder in the new one.

I also have two MP's, just bought a battery from Amazon for $54.00 a month ago. They had a large selection in different price range. But thay have them.

The fact that you paid in dollars reveal that you aren’t in the UK. There are no DJI batteries for the Mavic Pro available on Amazon.co.uk. Batteries from amazon.com have huge delivery costs added to them.

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Cannot get a hold of a genuine DJI battery here in the uk and any that can be sourced are way overpriced. Opted for a third-party battery to give it a try.

I must say that I am deeply disappointed in DJI for the discontinuing of replacement parts for a drone that they manufactured and sold only a few years ago. This practice will come back to haunt them. I would expect a product of this cost to be supported for 10 to 15 years after production. The new laws coming in in the UK will prevent this kind of fly by night practises. I have recently purchased a DJI Mini 2 and must say this is the last drone I will be purchasing from DJI due to their lack of support for their products.

I have a 15-year-old Suzuki motorbike that I can still still get genuine replacement parts for at reasonable prices, Now that’s product support for you.

P…
Good afternoon,

Which batteries did you purchase? Im in the same boat and don't know which ones to get. Like you find it very disappointing that they have stop production
Thanks in advance

I as well bought 3 batteries from Amazon last year and have had no problems at all.

The M2P battery has 4 independent cells. I don’t know if DJI makes the cells or buys them from a supplier. If the latter, the cells should have a part number and be available for purchase somewhere. Through the GO app you would know which is the bad cell and you could remove it and solder in the new one.
I am looking for a used Mavic Pro, and after reading about the unavailability of OEM batteries, had the same thought. I have an IT background with some exposure to sourcing of electronic parts, and I would be very surprised to learn that DJI manufactures their own LiPo cells - that would be qa quite uncommon practice. However, they could have purchased cells that were somehow customized, and/or had their own DJI/Mavic part numbers stamped in place of the standard p/n, so some care would be required to confirm similarity. Also, the onus for quality control would obviously fall on the end user. That said, there could be some benefits to this approach as OEM and decent quality 3rd party replacement batteries continue to become scarcer.

anything is possible! but is it worth it? I have not seen any real videos of anyone doing it. remember. the recharger brain, and on button is in there too ! its not the recharger block . that is just a voltage changer.

The fact that you paid in dollars reveal that you aren’t in the UK. There are no DJI batteries for the Mavic Pro available on Amazon.co.uk. Batteries from amazon.com have huge delivery costs added to them.

Reactions: sharkface

This SparkPilots member has been rebuilding Spark batteries (also obsolete) . . .

• Love
Reactions: sharkface
From the images on the page these are not DJI batteries and they weren’t available back in March when we were originally posting on the subject.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky