DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery info on app

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
today i helped a fellow flyer set up his MPP and i found something interesting in the battery settings in the app,after they were all updated i was showing my friend how to access the battery info in the app and under the heading about, it showed the date as 2019-07, all the three batts were the same ,i was under the impression that that was the date of manufacture, it was a brand new MPP flymore combo purchased from a approved DJI dealer here in the UK

Reactions: eaglesurfing
today i helped a fellow flyer set up his MPP and i found something interesting in the battery settings in the app,after they were all updated i was showing my friend how to access the battery info in the app and under the heading about, it showed the date as 2019-07, all the three batts were the same ,i was under the impression that that was the date of manufacture, it was a brand new MPP flymore combo purchased from a approved DJI dealer here in the UK
Interesting, when did your friend acquire his MPP?

Reactions: old man mavic
it was purchased on wed the 4th september and delivered on friday the 6th all sealed up in original DJI packaging it came to my house as he was in work and he came over today after i had set it up it flew perfectly and updated to the new firmwear no problem ,he is very happy with it, and we are going flying tomorrow so he can see how it performs he is the one that purchased my PH3S a few months ago and after seeing how well my MPP flies he has been hankering after one of his own,it was a great price at £829 for the combo

Reactions: Thomas B
Looks like it’s just new stock.
Another flying buddy!
i thought that the MPP was not in production any more, so was not expecting a 2019 date on the batts, if he has as much fun as i have with mine, he will be a happy man after a year of flying it still performs flawlessly

Reactions: Thomas B
i thought that the MPP was not in production any more, so was not expecting a 2019 date on the batts, if he has as much fun as i have with mine, he will be a happy man after a year of flying it still performs flawlessly
If so it would make sense that they would produce batteries for longer, especially with the fiasco of early failures in many produced prior to summer 2018.

Reactions: old man mavic
If so it would make sense that they would produce batteries for longer, especially with the fiasco of early failures in many produced prior to summer 2018.
funny that my combo had the following dates for the batts,2017-12 times 2 the other one was 2018-1 then the extra one i purchased 2 months later was 2018-2 and my most recent one has the date as 2018-10 but they are all ok with over 40 charges on 4 of them and 16 on the last one must have missed the dodgy ones i guess

maybe if the mav is purchased from a DJI approved outlet they come to them without batts in the box and then they install them just prior to dispatch all the batteries i have purchased from them have a good 50% charge in them when they are opened just a thought

Any idea out there about how long a brand new smart battery can wait in stock before it deteriorates?
I mean, I just bought a spare battery and on the box it said it was built on june 2020
Yet after charged and installed, i checked it's characteristics from the smart controller and it says the manufacture date is december 2019. Almost a year.
Should I feel cheated? I did pay the full price for a battery which is technically already 10 months old...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007