DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery mod thread

Guys, it's very very strange that "magic" boards without definite reasons have failed.
Could you look what is error number?
And is there any voltage imbalance between cells?
Error 30074. No imbalance between cells. All information showed about battery is perfect. But “Battery cell error” label is always on top. I’ve found this, but I don’t have updated any board.

Hi!
There is no back-side photo of that battery where label is printed so it difficult to say that this one is 3rd-party or not, but price is high enough even for authentic one.

I am now sporting mavic air motors and props :)... And running 2s or 3s as i please

I'm pretty sure that on 3S with these props and motors this Mavic Macro will definitely never have wind problems, it will most probably perform better than the original Mavic Air!

I still would't do this to mine, maybe if I had 2 of them yeah - I just really like the way my Mini is exactly as I bought it. Can't complain about anything at all really. I don't fly when its windy, I always use my UAV Forecast application just to be sure that the high altitude winds are also OK to fly in. You're so lucky to have the Mavic Air at your disposal for parts hey.

:)

Can the Mini actually handle 3S!? is it ok to feed 3S through its main power supply?!

PS: the only type of modifications that I'm willing to do on my Mini is them strobe lights, I like to fly at night and in the dark, and have realized that all is good and well when I take off from inside my living room. Then I fly my Mini through the balcony door and out the balcony! Everything is still sweet I'm now busy climbing to my desired altitude of about 50 to 60m (since I'm taking off from the 4-th floor in reality its like 70 m above the ground). The night time view of Sofia city is just amazing, so many nice lights to film. :) the problems start when I wanna get back home. The way I do it now is via the instruments/telemetry - I use the little view in the bottom, middle of the screen - it shows the drone's heading all I do is just make sure its pointing towards me and at the same safe altitude I fly back towards me. If I know there are no obstacles on the way back I may also fly down, bring it to a more visible altitude. Then comes the all LOS visibility part of the flight, for me to be able to fly my drone back in through my balcony, through the balcony door I'd prefer to have strobe lights. Also the strobe lights will help me with LOS orientation when the drone is far away from me - something I seem to really be needing.

I'm pretty sure that on 3S with these props and motors this Mavic Macro will definitely never have wind problems, it will most probably perform better than the original Mavic Air!

I still would't do this to mine, maybe if I had 2 of them yeah - I just really like the way my Mini is exactly as I bought it. Can't complain about anything at all really. I don't fly when its windy, I always use my UAV Forecast application just to be sure that the high altitude winds are also OK to fly in. You're so lucky to have the Mavic Air at your disposal for parts hey.

Can the Mini actually handle 3S!? is it ok to feed 3S through its main power supply?!

PS: the only type of modifications that I'm willing to do on my Mini is them strobe lights, I like to fly at night and in the dark, and have realized that all is good and well when I take off from inside my living room. Then I fly my Mini through the balcony door and out the balcony! Everything is still sweet I'm now busy climbing to my desired altitude of about 50 to 60m (since I'm taking off from the 4-th floor in reality its like 70 m above the ground). The night time view of Sofia city is just amazing, so many nice lights to film. :) the problems start when I wanna get back home. The way I do it now is via the instruments/telemetry - I use the little view in the bottom, middle of the screen - it shows the drone's heading all I do is just make sure its pointing towards me and at the same safe altitude I fly back towards me. If I know there are no obstacles on the way back I may also fly down, bring it to a more visible altitude. Then comes the all LOS visibility part of the flight, for me to be able to fly my drone back in through my balcony, through the balcony door I'd prefer to have strobe lights. Also the strobe lights will help me with LOS orientation when the drone is far away from me - something I seem to really be needing.

Yes it handles 3s just fine, however there's a work around you have to do to get it to fly on 3s... Oh and a tore down spark battery fits just fine in the bay, and gives 26min flight time...... And weighs less than the factory mini with spark motors and props.

Attachments

• IMG_20200124_080429.jpg
    IMG_20200124_080429.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20200123_182544.jpg
    IMG_20200123_182544.jpg
    890.3 KB · Views: 156
  • received_766993860477645.jpeg
    received_766993860477645.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 151
This flight was done without overcharging.. see if anyone can spot the modifications....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200205-211419.jpg
    Screenshot_20200205-211419.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20200205_220109.jpg
    IMG_20200205_220109.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20200205_220123.jpg
    IMG_20200205_220123.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20200205_220815.jpg
    IMG_20200205_220815.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 163
Yes it handles 3s just fine, however there's a work around you have to do to get it to fly on 3s... Oh and a tore down spark battery fits just fine in the bay, and gives 26min flight time...... And weighs less than the factory mini with spark motors and props.

Hi!
The DJI Mini has very soft propellers and it came to my mind the thought of replacing them with propellers from Parrot Anafi.
In one of your photos I saw propellers similar to Parrot Anafi. Everything is right? If this is true, answer a few questions:
1) What is the flight time on Anafi propellers compared to native ones.
2) Do Anafi screws have the same thread diameter as native screws?

Hi!
The DJI Mini has very soft propellers and it came to my mind the thought of replacing them with propellers from Parrot Anafi.
In one of your photos I saw propellers similar to Parrot Anafi. Everything is right? If this is true, answer a few questions:
1) What is the flight time on Anafi propellers compared to native ones.
2) Do Anafi screws have the same thread diameter as native screws?

1.Flight time is only better if you change the battery setting parameter to non dji mode.

2. No they do not.... Anafi screws are a 1.8m thread. Therefore you will have to tap the mavic mini motors... Then you will have to make sure you get all the debris out with compressed air or some other method.

3. Anafi motors and props work amazing

Reactions: Blithe74
Up to 50min!

Tonight will test DJI mavic pro batteries and see what we get

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200210-001407.jpg
    Screenshot_20200210-001407.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
1.Flight time is only better if you change the battery setting parameter to non dji mode.

2. No they do not.... Anafi screws are a 1.8m thread. Therefore you will have to tap the mavic mini motors... Then you will have to make sure you get all the debris out with compressed air or some other method.

3. Anafi motors and props work amazing

2. Anafi have diameter 1.8mm, Mini have diameter 1.6mm. Is the step of the screws thread at Anafi and Mini the same?

3.You install motors from Anafi to DJI Mini?

Anafi motors have a different height and diameter if compare they with Mini motors?
What is the result of this replacement?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett