DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery mod thread

Thanks, I did see that a couple days ago and sent a request to be added to the FB group.

When you add an external battery is the remaining battery percentage displayed on the Fly app no longer accurate?

If you add an external and keep the factory battery in the battery bay it will still show the correct telemetry. If you remove the inside battery and only fly on externals then the percentage reading will become inaccurate and you will have to fly off the voltage telemetry

Reactions: zengcheng
If you add an external and keep the factory battery in the battery bay it will still show the correct telemetry

Do you have a video or screenshots proving that? Have looked one on your channel with modded battery and there is no indication of Charge percentage as it's covered by cells telemetry subwindow throughout all the flight.
Could you please make periodical taps on main screen in your next videos to show charge % and remaining flight time indicator, it would be very useful information to assess the mod. Thanks!

Correct (%) calculation especially important at the end of the flight, it should properly correlate with cells voltages to not have unexpected landings etc.

Do you have a video or screenshots proving that? Have looked one on your channel with modded battery and there is no indication of Charge percentage as it's covered by cells telemetry subwindow throughout all the flight.
Could you please make periodical taps on main screen in your next videos to show charge % and remaining flight time indicator, it would be very useful information to assess the mod. Thanks!

Correct (%) calculation especially important at the end of the flight, it should properly correlate with cells voltages to not have unexpected landings etc.

I fly off the voltage. I have the mini set to non dji battery mode. Otherwise it would be landing when it still has over 80% battery left but it calculating it has 0%. Next time I do a video I will show you that I fly for another 40min after the battery shows I'm at 0% .

So the answer to

When you add an external battery is the remaining battery percentage displayed on the Fly app no longer accurate?

is Yes, with modded battery percentage is no longer accurate. Correct?

It's expected that with increased total battery capacity calculated SoC (%) should have big enough error as controller is preprogrammed with 2500mAh and SoC normally derived based on internal coloumb-counter measurements. So the more extra capacity the more error.

Just a bit confused when you answered
If you add an external and keep the factory battery in the battery bay it will still show the correct telemetry

So the answer to

is Yes, with modded battery percentage is no longer accurate. Correct?

It's expected that with increased total battery capacity calculated SoC (%) should have big enough error as controller is preprogrammed with 2500mAh and SoC normally derived based on internal coloumb-counter measurements. So the more extra capacity the more error.

Just a bit confused when you answered

Because by keeping the factory battery in the battery bay, that battery is still only going to put out 2500mah. The bms (battery monitoring system) only sees that battery. The mini is still using the other battery but the battery inside doesn't discharge as fast but still discharges 2500mah. That's why it still reads fine with a stock battery in the mini.

Without factory battery, but still using the factory batteries BMS it will never display the correct % because it thinks it still has a 2500mah battery attached to it. It can measure when that 2500mah has been discharged which is why it will display 0% in around 15 min...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum