DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery mod thread

Have noticed that you have overcharged the cells on some of screenshots you posted above.
It could be the reason why one of your magic board stopped working.
There is a lot of safety thresholds preprogrammed in the monitoring IC, one of them is COV (Cell Overvoltage) so overcharging the cells to 4.55V could trigger safety event as bms is set for standard 4.2V Li-Ion cells.
It would be better for your experiments to exploit Japanese version bms which is set for 4.4V LiPoHV so it has COV threshold a bit higher to play with overcharging.

Have noticed that you have overcharged the cells on some of screenshots you posted above.
It could be the reason why one of your magic board stopped working.
There is a lot of safety thresholds preprogrammed in the monitoring IC, one of them is COV (Cell Overvoltage) so overcharging the cells to 4.55V could trigger safety event as bms is set for standard 4.2V Li-Ion cells.
It would be better for your experiments to exploit Japanese version bms which is set for 4.4V LiPoHV so it has COV threshold a bit higher to play with overcharging.

I have overcharged to over 4.55 and have no problem with the bms now. Everything is working great now

Have you written up instructions or made a video about how you make your magic board? Is it just about the order it is disconnected or
does the bms still require being hooked up constantly to > 6V? Wondering if you could potentially swap 18650 cells all day long (back into the original casing) with the board you've made?

That's great. Today, I adjusted the parameters of the mini. The flight speed can reach 14.8, and it can be faster. It would be a very good experience if equipped with this battery.!
i probably missed that message as i did not pay attention - how exactly do you change parameters on the mini?
did you mean those parameters:
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_tilt_atti_range = 43 (35 stock)
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_up= 9
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_down = -10
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_acc_up = 9
g_config_mode_sport_cfg_vert_acc_down = -10
g_config_fw_cfg_max_speed = 20
brake_sensitive_gain = 110
g_config_mode_mode_sport_cfg_rc_scale = 1
g_config_control_dyn_tilt_min = 28

?

That's great. Today, I adjusted the parameters of the mini. The flight speed can reach 14.8, and it can be faster. It would be a very good experience if equipped with this battery.!

May i know how u able to adjusted the parameters?

Apparently Samsung 25R batteries which are employed for the MM (afaik) are pitted against several other brands.

Hope this is of your interest for all the battery modders out there.

With Python command : a) install python on your pc , b) install dji-firmware-tools o-gs/dji-firmware-tools , inside you found the latest comm_og_service_tool.py updated with mavic 2 and mini mavic (wm160) then sending command from window , using python you can read parameter and change .
in order to read : C:\........\dji-firmware-tools-master\comm_og_service_tool.py -vvv com5 WM160 FlycParam get vert_vel_down_adding_max --alt
In order to write : C:\.........\dji-firmware-tools-master\comm_og_service_tool.py -vvv com5 WM160 FlycParam set vert_vel_down_adding_max -7 --alt as example to write -7 at the vel_down parameter ......same for other parameter including battery_type
Default Value Min Max Parameter index
battery_type 1 0 3 960
emergency_voltage has a maximum value of 4000mv, a minimum value of 2500mv, a default value of 3170mv, comm_og_ervice_tool.py -VVV COM3 wm160 flycparam set emergency voltage 2970 - alt Can I change the value of energy_voltage to what I need, for example, 2900mv, but after the aircraft restarts, the parameter changes back to the default value of 3170mv. Can I permanently save 2900 or directly change the default value of 3170 to what I need?

报错

Reactions: OregonEd
Whoever is doing battery mods please post your creation. Also please tell us your setup and how much flying time you achieved.

I'll go first. 2 sanyo 18650ga 3450mah with jst connector soldered onto the pads in the picture below.

Battery can not be flown without stock battery in place. If you try, you will get a power error on the screen.

My time test flight will be tomorrow. I removed one of the vent holes and ran my wires through it.

Finally I made my own battery mod =) 34 m flight time.. 2S LiPo 1400mAh external battery

Attachments

• 20200402_133713.jpg
    20200402_133713.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 183
I disconnected the battery cells today, then connect them again to the magic board, and nothing happened, just 0% battery showing but I was able to take off :D Interesting

I disconnected the battery cells today, then connect them again to the magic board, and nothing happened, just 0% battery showing but I was able to take off :D Interesting

Nice! As long as it works and shows voltage, that's all you really need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42