DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery mod thread

Decided I would make my battery mod look a little better.
That's awesome!!! Looks clean... I'm getting ready to do this as soon as I figure out the right battery to buy lol, I noticed you're in Ocala! We have a small FB group called "citrus county drone racing and freestyle" check it out. We should fly sometime!

That's awesome!!! Looks clean... I'm getting ready to do this as soon as I figure out the right battery to buy lol, I noticed you're in Ocala! We have a small FB group called "citrus county drone racing and freestyle" check it out. We should fly sometime!
I didn't realize anyone raced drones around here. I used to build race drones but never had anyone to fly with. Even built a race course around the farm I live on. It's not up anymore though.

[QUOTE="Justinswidebody, hi, this is by far one of the most interesting thread on Mavic Mini ! Thanks admins for having accepted me.
I'm new to MM and still have to wait Christmas to get the mini ?.
However, I'm not new neither to rc nor to electronics...
I would like to first understand what are the functions implemented in the battery Bms ? Can we charge the batt with an external smart charger adapted to liion ?
I understand from the pinout drawing that the middle junction of the 2S cells is not accessible ? Is it ?
Do you think the 2 data lines are I2C or SPI data and clock lines ? If yes could we spy the bus to reverse ingeeneer the trafic ? The goal being to get rid of the stock BMS coding a kind of stub on a cheap microcontroler....
Well it's good to dream ?

Reactions: av80r and Serhiy
I would like to first understand what are the functions implemented in the battery Bms ? Can we charge the batt with an external smart charger adapted to liion ?
There are already chargers available that use only 2 wires to change the Mini's Batteries. Example here.
As for the pin out you can ask Justinswidebody as he is the expert who works on this. Look at post #59

Reactions: aeropic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer