DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery mod thread

Found this video on YT. do you think it shows a battery mod process that works with the updated battery firmware?

which pins are for bms? I tried to fly the mini without the stock battery (just external lipo, worked fine, but firstly had to deal with 'incompatible battery version')

which pins are for bms? I tried to fly the mini without the stock battery (just external lipo, worked fine, but firstly had to deal with 'incompatible battery version')

Correct you won't get telemetry.. you won't know your voltage.. the two pins on the outside are your data pins

Yes, I am in communication with this guy. He and another have made their own bms from the ground up, and flash the mini bms firmware on it
Interesting!

I know you've fitted Parrot Anafi motors and props to your Mini. Are they higher kv? would they result in a longer flight time even with the stock battery?

Interesting!

I know you've fitted Parrot Anafi motors and props to your Mini. Are they higher kv? would they result in a longer flight time even with the stock battery?

Yes they are slightly higher kv.... I don't think it's worth it to be honest.... I find the best motors to be the mavic air motors, with master air screw props.. these have worked the best for me

Nope that won't work... The bms has a Texas instrument chip in it that has a i2c or sbus protocol, that sends data to the mini to read...

Hi Guys, Im Mauricio From Santiago de Chile, I was thinking open a Battery for the top and the bottom, And adapt all for use the case like a battery holder, then I will need charge battery's and not Packs
when the battery is discharged I open de holder and just replace the batteries inside, what you think?, somebody try this?, regards

Hi Guys, Im Mauricio From Santiago de Chile, I was thinking open a Battery for the top and the bottom, And adapt all for use the case like a battery holder, then I will need charge battery's and not Packs
when the battery is discharged I open de holder and just replace the batteries inside, what you think?, somebody try this?, regards

From what I have read, the important thing is that the cells they replace have the same voltage as the ones you will remove from the original package.
You should unsolder the positive pole first, then the balance and then the negative, reverse steps to reassemble everything.
Let me know, I was thinking of doing the same test.

Reactions: Mbeckmann
From what I have read, the important thing is that the cells they replace have the same voltage as the ones you will remove from the original package.
You should unsolder the positive pole first, then the balance and then the negative, reverse steps to reassemble everything.
Let me know, I was thinking of doing the same test.
I just tried, it did works when i remove the old cells using your sequence. Connect new cells is the reverse order, now looking for a holder that can fit the new cells...

Reactions: vadda
Great !
This is a very good news ;)
What kind of cells did you choose?
mAh ? brand ?
And please, let me know the new flight time :cool:
Can you explain how you unsoldered the old cells safely? any videos or photos?

I just ordered some 3500 mah 18650 batteries 10a continuous,25a burst. Plan on switching them out. Im also interested in knowing more detail on the order the wires have to be swapped.

And does this have to be a certain fw version?

Also has anyone played with the go home current parameter?

The spark battery is plug and play minus the battery case? Will it still report accurate telemetey?

Last edited:
I just ordered some 3500 mah 18650 batteries 10a continuous,25a burst. Plan on switching them out. Im also interested in knowing more detail on the order the wires have to be swapped.

And does this have to be a certain fw version?

Also has anyone played with the go home current parameter?

The spark battery is plug and play minus the battery case? Will it still report accurate telemetey?

I believe that the cells you have chosen are not suitable for use on the Mini
Probably at this moment the best choice is the VTC6 or the LG INR18650-HG2

I believe that the cells you have chosen are not suitable for use on the Mini
Probably at this moment the best choice is the VTC6 or the LG INR18650-HG2

The mini is limited to 8A in p mode, and 12A i. S mode. This cell should be fine with normal flying in p mode no problem.
Screenshot_20200429-004058_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200429-004028_Chrome.jpg

Yes, I know the battery discharge graph but you must take a look at 15A discharge curve also if Mini is rated to not drain more than 10A
You must take a look also at the temperature during hard discharge rate and in this graph is not reported
but consider to use this battery at the top of your performance and the temps go high

1588146633166.png

Guy , but be carefull , if you want to increase really , you need to put the mini as no dji battery using debug mode....and don't update to fw 0500 because with this fw you cannot anaymore switch to no-dji battery

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR