DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery not connected properly

Floodair

Reactions
Hello all, lately I have been getting an error on my screen stating the" battery is not properly connect can not take off". I point the drone vertically as if I'm calibrating and the warning message will go off but come back on when the drone is in a horizontal position. Is anyone experiencing this issue and if so how did you fix it? Thanks in advance. I have the MA2 with a Smart Controller.

Hard to say, but it could be a slightly swollen battery . . . check the underside of the battery / batteries, it's pretty flat, if this is even slightly swollen, the clips are hard to get in properly, and battery can eject in flight !
In flight, the battery gets warmer and can swell too, so securing it is very important.
Plenty of threads on the issue on this forum, one very recent you should be able to find.

You can get new battery / batteries if they show this, or zip tie / velcro strap around the battery a/ aircraft body to ensure the battery doesn't get jettisoned.

You are very likely correct. I would be interested to see some data on that battery(s): age/# flights/etc.

That seems to be all over the place @StantonZ with some saying theirs are still fine after X, others they have issues after very short flight times.

Also previous threads seem to not find much to corollate storage or usage relationship to swelling, except that it generally thought any sort of temperature increase (be it ambient or flight parameters, hard flying / sports mode etc) can swell any of the lipos.

The design with the flat back just doesn't allow any leeway for expansion like the older model battery, so when there is swelling it puts pressure on the mounting clips and can lead to a battery ejecting.

It'd be interesting to see how other newer model batteries are designed, the minis, airs, FPV etc.
If they have a flat back or recessed area.

Thanks for all the replies. I have 3 batteries that I have changed out and I still get the same message. I have to restart the drone a couple of times and the error goes away.

Guess I'll contact the useless DJI tech support tomorrow.

Check the tabs on the sides of the battery.

It's worth a shot after reading this post a while back.

Have you tried cleaning the battery contacts on the drone?
Agree with you there NDWB, I Have not had the disconnection warning problem yet, but do spray electronic cleaning spray on small brush and clean all contact points on batteries and mating pins on drone every couple of weeks or so. Maybe this is something we should all do regularly to prevent this happening eh! (Also gives peace of mind)
Also always fit two good No 64 rubber bands over battery and body of drone, making certain they are not obstructing the sensors underneath for extra insurance!

My MP1 now over 4 years old, still being used regularly for all sorts of jobs, still very reliable and enjoyable to operate. However 2 of my three batteries are now starting to bulge slightly, so will be looking for three reasonably priced replacements.
Any suggestions for best place to get them from?

Every thing has a "Use by date" including batteries!

Last edited:
Reactions: NDWildBill
My MP1 now over 4 years old, still being used regularly for all sorts of jobs, still very reliable and enjoyable to operate. However 2 of my three batteries are now starting to bulge slightly, so will be looking for three reasonably priced replacements.
Any suggestions for best place to get them from?

They are obsolete here in Australia, not sure where you are . . . ah, just saw you're in Pt Lincoln :)
I think you'll be lucky to find originals.

And goodness, I just tried Platinum battery search as they would also be fine, same specs, but they too are discontinued in every link I found :(

I knew the M1P batts were done, got the last 2 I think in Australia a couple of years ago, had to grab them from a Brisbane retailer.

I'll check around searching and see if anyone is doing an aftermarket battery, or even if there might be M2P / MPP batteries available from any overseas suppliers.

Yep, here you go, non genuine, supposedly same specs, and you'd hope fit all ok.
Keep in mind, all battery features may not work, not sure (things like auto discharge, battery checks in app, etc) but flying the M1P is more important than some of the fluff I guess.

Powerextra Mavic Pro Battery, 11.4V 3830 mAh LiPo Intelligent Flight Battery Replacement for DJI Mavic Pro & Platinum & Alpine White Drone: Drone Accessories: Amazon.com.au
Found more on Amazon AU but all others were out of stock.

A decent list on Ebay . . .

Reactions: mereflyer
Yep, here you go, non genuine, supposedly same specs, and you'd hope fit all ok.
Keep in mind, all battery features may not work, not sure (things like auto discharge, battery checks in app, etc) but flying the M1P is more important than some of the fluff I guess.

Powerextra Mavic Pro Battery, 11.4V 3830 mAh LiPo Intelligent Flight Battery Replacement for DJI Mavic Pro & Platinum & Alpine White Drone: Drone Accessories: Amazon.com.au
Found more on Amazon AU but all others were out of stock.

A decent list on Ebay . . .

Thanks for that - Will go there shortly!

I have also just recently gotten the "battery not connected properly, cannot take off" warnings 2 or 3 times over the last week or so. I'm very conscience in taking proper care of the four batteries I have for my MA2. When the warning popped up I simply shut down the battery, remove then reattach and that seems to solve the problem. Could be the contacts need cleaning but definitely not a battery puffing or swelling issue. I test for swelling by sitting the batteries on a glass top table and there is no rocking or wobbles at all. My batteries are numbered for rotation of use and the warnings did not occur on the same battery, so that suspicion is out too.

Not to create unnecessary panic or insinuation, but I gotta say I've being using the same batteries for almost 1-year now and I only started seeing the "batter not connected' warnings after I upgraded the firmware to 1.4. Not sure if one thing has anything to do with the other; just an observation from my personal experience.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sathwik