DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Plastic Turning Purple Tinted?

chrishurni

Reactions
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and have enjoyed what I've read so far, seems like a constructive place to ask questions. I pretty much consider myself a Mavic novice. I use my Mavic for short and fun flights simply because of its portability and my videography inexperience. I have flown around 90 flights with my Mavic since February. I recently noticed that on one of my batteries, the grey plastic of the battery has begun to turn slightly purple? Looks like the color of exploded pen ink. I could have completely had something explode in my backpack near the Mavic and not known this, but regardless I figured I would ask if anyone thinks I should discontinue use of this battery? Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Wersh
Pictures help

056893c0706b3f876bb2d8b7f637ca6b.jpg
06c73edd2ca5d18871b8b44d7622dca2.jpg

Side shot looks better. Still new to replying to the forum so I hope this shows well!

If you have another battery check them both side by side and compare. Run your fingers and feel for bumps or bulges. Looks like pen ink

Reactions: chrishurni
Yeah,I don't think it's the battery? Like mentioned,it looks like some kind of ink,or dye? Dose the battery still take full charge?

Reactions: chrishurni
Yeah,I don't think it's the battery? Like mentioned,it looks like some kind of ink,or dye? Dose the battery still take full charge?

4ebc8019535bdf10f0db87bd14ef5cac.jpg

Purple battery on the left. Still takes a charge completely fine, feels rather smooth. I'm going to chalk this up to a pen in my backpack or so. Have to be more careful next time! Just wanted to check with more experienced pilots to be sure and I'm appreciative for the help.

Tried using the Go 4 app to check on the health status of the battery, and to see if any reading is amiss?

Kinda looks like a greasy fingerprints that later got heated by the battery while in flight.

Definitely looks like ink from a blue pen that has leaked in your backpack and rubed onto battery, it shows as purple color on some surfaces.

Reactions: Melanik and Kilrah
Yup, or some crappy blue/black fabric that loses its color and stains stuff it touches.

So for this condition would you guys recommend cleaning the battery with rubbing alcohol using cotton balls?

Just try a small area with a damp paper towel

If the towel gets colour on it, then most likely it is either ink as metioned above or some kind of Dy used in the fabric of whatever you store/transport the batteries in

Hopefully you didn't knock over a bank and a dye pack popped in your backpack lol kidding of course.

Simple test... Take rubbing alcohol dab some in a cloth and wipe where it's purple... Any residue on cloth ?

My Fly more combo DJI bag has done the EXACT same thing to my batteries. To test this theory, I put a couple different battery banks in the same outside pockets of the bag, and bada-bing, same color on my battery banks. Thanks DJI!

Geeeze! I need to check mine then?...................Nope!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998