DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery question

Ynksfan27

Reactions
I’ve heard it a lot, that it’s not recommended to fly your drone without the battery being fully charged. I plan on getting out tomorrow, so wanted to make sure everything was updated and settings still correct. I finished up with the battery at 90%. Is it safe to still fly with this battery? I noticed with my Spark, that if the battery was around 90% and I tried to charge it, it wouldn’t actually charge it anymore. Other than the obvious reason of why you wouldn’t want to fly with a half charged battery, what other reasons are there? Thanks for the input. Really loving my M2Z and can’t say enough about this forum!

Is it safe to still fly with this battery?
Yes. Just make sure your Mavic is near the home point before the battery is too low for it to return home.

you can top it up if you plug it in to the charger and then switch the battery on it will charge back to 100 percent its to do with the built in balance controls on the battery

just to say Msinger was correct in saying that 90percent charge would be ok to fly

Reactions: Ynksfan27
I always start at 100% charge. It only takes 5 or 10 minutes to top off the battery, and theres nothing like looking at a full fuel gauge, in this case battery level indicator.

I fly customers drones every day of the year, and charging to 100% lets me know that the battery is ok, and I can monitor the discharge rate and levels.

As a private pilot, it was habit to always fill up before a flight unless it was too high, too hot, or I was carrying alot of payload.

I always start at 100% charge. It only takes 5 or 10 minutes to top off the battery, and theres nothing like looking at a full fuel gauge, in this case battery level indicator.

I fly customers drones every day of the year, and charging to 100% lets me know that the battery is ok, and I can monitor the discharge rate and levels.

As a private pilot, it was habit to always fill up before a flight unless it was too high, too hot, or I was carrying alot of payload.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I ended up topping off my battery by just throwing it on the charger lol. Imagine that. With my Spark, I didn’t think I was able to do that. Whenever I put a battery on the charger that was almost full, it wouldn’t do anything. This doesn’t seem to be the case with the M2.

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks for the replies everyone! I ended up topping off my battery by just throwing it on the charger lol. Imagine that. With my Spark, I didn’t think I was able to do that. Whenever I put a battery on the charger that was almost full, it wouldn’t do anything. This doesn’t seem to be the case with the M2.
Hi i own both spark and zoom too and as per previous posts you sometimes need not only place battery on charger, but hit the battery power button so the battery level indicator lights comes on for it charge. If the battery in 90 %it sometime wont charge untill you hit that button. I have same behavior on both spark and zoom. If you look at dji manuals you will also find the batteries for zoom and spark has different hybernations modes, and they automatically discharge when not used over time. Often when a battery wont charge straight away when placed on charger it either in hybernation or too hot if its just been flown. I have found hitting power button brings it out of hybernation mode.

Reactions: ff22
Just to clarify on my previous post, the battery power button should be pushed after it is already on charger, of its not charging :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miniguy2mavic