DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be a UAS mentor for the Holidays

pilotinstitute

Approved Vendor
Reactions
If you know someone who received a new drone under the tree yesterday, be a mentor to them. Teach them the dos and don'ts, how to complete their first flight, where/when to fly and not fly, how to collect weather information, how to share the airspace with others, etc. Teach them what you wish you'd known when you started.

Here's a lot of FREE resources to help:
Depending on the drone you/they received for Christmas, here are some FREE guides to specific drones:
Fly safe!

Thanks for the links I’m sure they will be used by lots 👍👍

If you know someone who received a new drone under the tree yesterday, be a mentor to them.

I was thinking the same thing when I flew this morning.

I've been flying since 2017, but every launch feels like the first time. 😊

There is an exhilaration every time I launch mixed with a bit of anxiety. And it's amazing what you forget over time. I've got a Part 107 and took the recurrent test in October and still find things I have to look up to refresh my memory. One thing I've discovered is that flying is a "perishable skill" and I have to practice to keep my skill set sharp and found out after periods of not flying that the controls aren't as natural as they were with practice.

There is an exhilaration every time I launch mixed with a bit of anxiety. And it's amazing what you forget over time. I've got a Part 107 and took the recurrent test in October and still find things I have to look up to refresh my memory. One thing I've discovered is that flying is a "perishable skill" and I have to practice to keep my skill set sharp and found out after periods of not flying that the controls aren't as natural as they were with practice.
“Perishable skill”… you got that spot on. And mine are declining with age and health. It’s like the kids knowing when to take the car away from dad. Guys like me have to carefully determine when it’s time to quit. That’s a big consideration for not buying the M3. 😄

Reactions: BrianH55
Good post!

As an addendum, if you're part of your local nextdoor(.)com, post on these as well. I did and already have someone wanting me to help them with their first ever drone (DJI FPV 😳). His wife said he's "a little overwhelmed". I didn't have the heart to tell her it was probably a bad idea to get him that one as his first drone.

So we're getting together after their vacation to help him fly.

In the meantime, I sent him to @pilotinstitute for the FPV deep dive and recreational flyer videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1