DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be honest have you read the Dji Mavic owners manual from cover to cover?

Have you read the DJI Mavic owner's manual cover to cover?

• Yes I have front to back

Votes: 92 80.0%
  • I skimmed it to find what I needed.

Votes: 23 20.0%

• Total voters
Printed out both manuals and read sections of it daily. Trying to understand how everything works. It is easier than losing $1,000.

Yes, some part multiple times. I watched videos, while reading the manual. I tested multiple features under very controlled environments so I had a feel for what would happen. I practiced low and short until I was more comfortable going higher and longer. I still practice new features until I’m comfortable using them.

I don’t want to have to buy more than once because of pilot error.

Only just got my Mavic but have read it a couple of times.
Some bits are easy to understand & other bits I really could do with someone next to me whilst actually trying to fly who can jump in & get me out of trouble if I end up in a mess.
I reckon I probably need to read this 3 or 4 more times to get a fuller grasp of things.
Standby for questions.

Printed the complete manual, carry with me. I found in that first couple of weeks of flying, i would go back to the manual to clarify situations that arose, I.E.- flying into the low sun & my Mavic stops! With, " return sticks to center" on screen, & so on.
Things sink in, when an issue comes up & i can find refer to the manual on the spot

Reading the manual, isnt that like asking for directions when were lost, we only do it as the very last resort :D

Between ordering the Mavic and receiving it, I read the manual cover to cover plus watched a bunch of YouTubes. Then with the Spark and Phantom 4 Pro, skimmed through the manual and watched a few YouTubes but not nearly as many as I did for the Mavic.

Reading the manual, isnt that like asking for directions when were lost, we only do it as the very last resort :D
Normally, yes, but in the case of a £1000 item that could just fly off into the sunset I decided RTFM made sense for once

ive read the manual several times and well over 250+youtube vids,have owned my mavic 6 weeks now and only 6 more weeks till my maiden flight.:cool:

Reactions: Callum
ive read the manual several times and well over 250+youtube vids,have owned my mavic 6 weeks now and only 6 more weeks till my maiden flight.:cool:
Have you still not flown it? I thought you would have caved in by now mate.

Reactions: JoKhool
Have you still not flown it? I thought you would have caved in by now mate.
well i spun up the props:),when the rear of the mavic lifted up an inch i instantly figured id be another inside static,ill fly when the weather permits so...,i wait
i did buy another mavic today for my son and to have a spare in case mine has an episode

Last edited:
Reactions: Callum
well i spun up the props:),when the rear of the mavic lifted up an inch i instantly figured id be another inside static,ill fly when the weather permits so...,i wait
i did buy another mavic today for my son and to have a spare in case mine has an episode
I admire your patience Thumbswayup

Your right not to fly indoors.

Lucky son :)

Reactions: wytnyt

I've had my Mavic for just about a year now, have never even started the engines indoors, don't plan too either.

Yes, and I've not even flown yet. (Drone malfunctioned and is being exchanged.) Some of the most important information has to do with limitations; things the sensors don't see, stuff the intelligent flight modes cannot do, etc.

I had not read every word, but as a result of this thread, got it out to do a full read and highlight.

Is there, by any chance, a printable version of a manual for the DJI app? That is the only way I will be able to figure out all of the options available

Yes, I read the manual and watched many videos on how the Mavic operated before I even bought my Mavic. It was my first drone and I have had it 6 months. I credit my preparation, responsible piloting behavior and DJI quality to more than 1.5 million feet flown and over 28 hours in the air without a single crash (knock on wood)! I enjoy it immensely and hope to have many more trouble free hours of flying time and great videos.

I had not read every word, but as a result of this thread, got it out to do a full read and highlight.

Is there, by any chance, a printable version of a manual for the DJI app? That is the only way I will be able to figure out all of the options available
get a manual or pdf of it online

Yes there is a PDF version on the DJI website. The only thing is, I wouldn't bother printing it out. I printed two versions of it before I realized that the manual changes as the features are changed, updated or added. So it's constantly evolving.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190