DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be honest have you read the Dji Mavic owners manual from cover to cover?

Have you read the DJI Mavic owner's manual cover to cover?

• Yes I have front to back

Votes: 92 80.0%
  • I skimmed it to find what I needed.

Votes: 23 20.0%

• Total voters

Bugsbunnyheli

Reactions
Until today I have to admit I saw a ton of youtube video's and skimmed to mavic owners manual
To figure out a few issures but I never did a cover to cover read until today.
It's funny how it happened. The lights went out and it got cold in the house so I got in bed with
My Samsung tablet and remembered I had the manual on it.
So for the next two hrs I read it from start to finish. I can say I know a lot more about my
Mavic and how and why things work. A cover to cover read not a skim will help a lot of us.

No, but that is because apart from a couple of details it operates the same as previous DJI aircraft I've done it with before.

Nope, never have.

I gained my knowledge from YouTube and this forum and have 180 flights so far.

Reactions: jedpotts
Nope... Even though I castigate people to do so...

But then, I have gained all knowledge within the manual and more from this forum and youtube videos

No, but that is because apart from a couple of details it operates the same as previous DJI aircraft I've done it with before.
+1 Having owned many DJI products in the present/past I just skimmed for the new Mavic related features

Reactions: Kilrah
Just look at many of the post from people who have issues. Most of the resolutions are discussed in the manual. Many of the crashes people post about probably would have been avoided had they read the manual.

Do I fault the people directly? No. I also fault DJI for being too cheap to include the manual with the product (probably costs around 5 cents.... but they can't even include the warranty information as required by law in the US).

Have I read the manual? Yes... probably 20 times. It's how I answer about 80% of the questions on this forum.

Yes..at least twice, but what the manual leave out is the why....why one setting over another...

I read the manual but quickly realized that I had already learned much of what it had to teach through the various forums posts and videos I looked up while waiting for it arrive. If still recommend it, though.

I skipped some parts (like no-controller steering) but read others (like battery led indicators) several times

Reactions: Ken13151

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78