DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Besides flying Drones.. What other hobbies does everyone enjoy?

My other interests are anything with two wheels, though the 'pedaling' type is getting less attention these days :) I like to take long trips up into the mountains on my sport-touring bike and I also design and produce aftermarket parts for some of my bikes which; is an offshoot of my oldest hobby - fixed wing RC. When I was very active in RC, I mostly flew scale and pattern competition events and designed and produced my own line of scale aircraft as well as turbine powered jets, a couple of my own designs are pictured below. I've also been into video for a very long time, and when the 3 axis gimbal was married a camera to a flying platform - I found my favorite hobby. I am a 107 and provide aerial imaging (mostly stills) for my wife's photography business but I prefer to get out into remote places and shoot video. ?

C14Gap1.png

P1010116.png

Me and TriStar.jpg

both-me.jpg

I spend my extra time repairing the drones I have crashed ?

In honesty, I enjoy still photography, and travelling....I take long cycle trips as long as the circumstances will bear, but that can be very short in Vietnam. I own a BMW GS1150 here in Ho Chi Minh City, a BMW GS1200 in Arlington, Virginia, and a 1982 BMW R80RTin Orlando, Florida.....plus a 2003 100th anniversary HD Fat Boy.

I am also a "gun guy".....and own most short and long guns, from .22 to 50cal, along with a few C3 NFA registered guns. Long live my AWC Amphibian.

View attachment 93408
Mk III? What does that baby weigh?

Reactions: Saigondroner
Me and TriStar.jpg

both-me.jpg

Love the Delta airliner and ME109s :)

Seems from the replies, anything outdoors and drones just go hand in hand.
Camping, hiking, 4WDn, MC touring, travelling in general, all are great.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Mk III? What does that baby weigh?

I’ll weigh it and report back, once I’m back in US during March. It’s lighter and better balanced than a stock bull bbl Ruger. It is absurdly quiet when the suppressor is used “wet”.

My lightweight piece is a 5 shot S&W 36OPD 2”. It weighs 11.2oz. Has a Crimson Trace laser grip. The SS trigger & springwork was custom done by TJ’s gunworks, out in LA. He specializes in Sig's, and does a lot of Hollywood art movie guns. He did my Sig228 20+ years ago...ported, polished, & jeweled. It has an internal Lasermax guide rod, TJ's custom SS trigger, and his "SigBlock" trigger block, stopping anyone from using the gun, if taken from you. My wife is sporting a Micro Uzi, and M4, both full auto.

Attachments

• Guns 6.jpg
    Guns 6.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1665.jpg
    IMG_1665.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9571.jpg
    IMG_9571.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Like most people here I like to dabble in photography.
I spend a fair bit of time teaching kids who wouldn’t normally be able to afford it, learn to fly (real aircraft). Also working on some aircraft restoration projects, again working with kids.
One of my favourite past times would be home brewing (and then making sure it doesn’t sit on the shelf and go stale). Been a member of the Master Brewers association since the 80s

My workshop

482194DF-6957-4DBD-8D1D-801B32751F0C.jpeg615D04D7-F6BC-4F6E-A606-261C0DC32495.jpegF3177920-7A12-4003-9C0F-7FFBD2A45AE3.jpeg

Last edited:
Neato! I used to homebrew quite seriously. The bottle washing was too time consuming & tedious. And using a Sankey keg was bad for my health :)

Blessed to live in the Jackson Hole Wyoming area after being retired from a National Laboratory in Livermore California 18 years ago. My wife and I enjoy the outdoors doing lots of ATV/UTV riding all summer. From May thru September I also volunteer as part of the Jackson Police Department's Citizens Mounted Unit to assist the PD with pedestrian/traffic control and most importantly as ambassadors of our Western Heritage to answer questions and pose for photos with the millions of tourists who come thru our area on their way to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone. When not riding Mounted Patrol I also enjoy photography and use Nature's spendor to document memories that will last until my last days. I've just started flying my DJI Mavic Pro and am looking forward to develop skills in cinematography and photo taking from many different areas around Wyoming. Hope I didn't break any rules by posting 7 photos to show some of my non-drone flying hobbies. Happy and Safe Trails to all. View attachment 93253View attachment 93254View attachment 93255View attachment 93256View attachment 93257View attachment 93258View attachment 93259View attachment 93260
Would you happen to know of Ron's towing? He's a buddy of mine in the area.
I sure love the Tetons. It's one of those memories that stuck... coming over a hill and seeing them for the first time in person was something I'll probably remember for the rest of my life.

Used to have several hobbies, but until I got my M2 Air, I had let them go.
These hobbies included Saltwater/Reef Tanks, Motorcycle Touring (Gold Wings), Photography, Ham Radio & Woodworking.

The Red one was my wife's & the Blue one was mine. :)

1645279663709.png

I was a moderator on the Reefland & Reef Central Saltwater/Reef Tank boards.

1645280894362.png

As I've said to others, these hobbies make Drones seem "economical" by comparison. :)

Attachments

• 1645279911809.png
    1645279911809.png
    557.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: zeusfl and Ty Pilot
  • Haha
Reactions: Wumpus_NJ
Good evening to all-
Well, let's see... if I'm not flying my drone I might be fishing or I might be working in the garden or I might be kayaking or I might be building a wood-strip kayak or I might be doing some photography work or I might be taking care of the chickens or I might be shooting arrows at the target out back- and sometimes hitting the target or I might be cooking. But I'll probably be flying my drone.

Good evening to all- Ed

Reactions: Rchawks
Good evening to all-
Ma South Oz- Actually, the chickens are in great danger if they get anywhere near the target. My archery skills are shaky at best. I like shooting, and sometimes I do pretty well, but sometimes, an arrow goes under its own guidance and goes... who knows where. Maybe the chickens know.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Since I am lucky enough to live on the coast of Southern California I surf, I snowboard, skateboard, I play Drums, I produce music ( its on soundcloud kapkaosmusik). I like to rock climb, chase pretty girls, listen to the Joe rogan Experience. Hiking, mountain biking all sorts of stuff. If anyone lives around me (Carlsbad) and want to join any of these fun activities let me know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones