DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Backpack out there??

Jdonati17

Reactions
Hey guys, sorry if this is a repeated thread.

What’s yalls favorite backpack that will fit the Mavic 2 series correctly? I’ve seen plenty that fit the Mavic Pro but just worried with the extra size it might be a little different! I really dig the lowepro stuff. Anybody have experience with the BP 150, 200 or 250? Any other brands or models to check out? I want something that can hold 3-4 batteries, tablet, extra props, charger, note pad, laptop etc...

Thanks in advance! You guys rock

Peace, Love & Burritos

Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250. It's a perfect match. Don't go for the others as they weren't really designed for a drone in mind (no hard cover outside).

Now, if someone can guide me into showing me what's the best small bag for the goggles I'd be set but unfortunately the shape is so awkward that it's near impossible but I digress.

I use a 20 ltr dry bag with shoulder strap which works great for me. My M2P is in a DJI fly more kit bag & fits perfectly in the dry bag. Only other thing I take when I go flying it a landing pad again fits into the bag. It’s still a very small footprint which is what I wanted.

Reactions: Fplvert
Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250. It's a perfect match. Don't go for the others as they weren't really designed for a drone in mind (no hard cover outside).

Now, if someone can guide me into showing me what's the best small bag for the goggles I'd be set but unfortunately the shape is so awkward that it's near impossible but I digress.

I agree with this one. I had the Viewpoint 250 but it didn’t fit the Mavic 2 well so I bought the Droneguard 250 and am loving it.

Blimley, them lowepro backpacks are massive:oops: that’s like carrying my DJI Inspire on my back..

Reactions: Salle
Another vote for the Droneguard BP 250. I can fit the Mavic 2 Pro, fly more kit, mavmount, ipad pro 10.5, and still have room in the top two pockets for additional gear. Plus I have two external pockets for water bottle or tripod, and plenty of molle loops to clip additional gear if needed.

Reactions: JethroXP
Everyone seems to be getting huge hard cases, are they really that fragile? I planned on a little drawstring drone sack and throwing it in a camera bag or my hiking bag. My go to camera bag is a Domke photo courier bag and it's all the protection I have ever needed. Should I be more careful with the drone? Are they sensitive internally?

Everyone seems to be getting huge hard cases, are they really that fragile? I planned on a little drawstring drone sack and throwing it in a camera bag or my hiking bag. My go to camera bag is a Domke photo courier bag and it's all the protection I have ever needed. Should I be more careful with the drone? Are they sensitive internally?

“Not everyone”. My dry bag isn’t a hard case variety. It’s small & practicable which is what I wanted. Waterproof so if I get caught out while flying I’ve got nothing to worry about.

I’ve only just came back from my holiday (abroad) airport/carryon was not a problem but handled it with my life;) if you respect it it’s not gonna get damaged I would say then same thing applies with the huge hard cases.

I personally bought this little drone for its size, it was a pain with my other two drones, both with hard cases taking them on trips & into the field. Just wanted something more practicable, my dry bag does the job. You don’t even know you’ve got it with you.

Thats my thoughts on it but everyone is differentThumbswayup

Loving my Lykus M1 bag as it fits my complete Mavic 2 Pro kit, 2 spare batteries, ipad mini 4, mavmount 3, spare props and other bits and pieces and is much more compact than the Lowepro BP250 which was my second option.

What sold you over the BP250? Was it just the price or did it have any more functionality than the BP250? Thanks!

I love Lowepro products and have a few already but I personally believe the Lykus M1 bag had a smarter designer as it fits everything I could want and is more portable and is a perfect setup for me when using it as a shoulder bag. If I were going to use it as a back pack I probably would have preferred the Lowepro BP250 though.

Price was not the issue.

For me the deciding factor was just safety while I'm getting off and on planes and the BP250 seemed to fit the bill nicely. I've flown four times with it and the MP2 now and never once did I feel like the drone was in danger from anything other than TSA agents.

safety while I'm getting off and on planes

Yes this is the major benefit of the Lowepro BP250, I wouldn't feel comfortable if I had to check in my Lykus M1 bag into baggage when boarding a plane. The BP250 can also hold a 15" laptop where I am nearly certain my Lykus M1 bag cannot do that. The BP250 has approximately 20% more storage space as far as I can tell so if you have a large amount of accessories it would be more suitable.

My Lykus M1 bags major feature is its compactness whilst still holding everything I need for my Mavic 2 Pro.

7041d1b226492e195cdcec1beb990c98.jpg
amazing

I just bought a Lowepro Slingshot 250 and it fits everything with room to spare. Then again anything is better than the pack in the fly more kit.

I have the same and like it. But--

There really is no best backpack for the Mavic 2. Much depends on what else you want to carry and how much protection you think you need for your typical use. I would also like to have a bigger backpack on some occasion and I could even see a use for a hard case at times.

No one size fit all, all the time.

Last edited:
I got the Lowepro Droneguard BP200. It's supposed to be made for Mavic 1 but my M2Pro fits perfectly in there as well. It has plenty of room for avery single accessory that comes in the box and can hold 3-4 additional batteries, hub, car charger etc. The only downsize is that it won't hold a 15.6 laptop, but if you only plan to go out, get some shots and come back, I think it's ideal.

As a bonus it can hold a 2lt hydration pack, which is great if you're going outside on a hot day.

I just bought the Lowepro BP250. I was really torn between that and the 200. I have a Lowepro backpack for my DSLR and it has been great. I am sure I could have put the M2P in my current backpack with the DSLR but I broke down in a moment of weakness and hit the buy button.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929