DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Backpack out there??

It's funny, but the big complaint from many about the BP250 is that it's too small... All I can say is that I'd rather something be almost too small than too big because the packrat in me just has to fill up whatever pack I get :)

I'm one of those weirdos that actually uses the FM Bag whenever I just want to haul the drone around locally, so there's that too. I actually think the FM bag ain't that bad as long as it's not your only bag.

This video does a good job of going over the various LowePro bags

Hey guys, sorry if this is a repeated thread.

What’s yalls favorite backpack that will fit the Mavic 2 series correctly? I’ve seen plenty that fit the Mavic Pro but just worried with the extra size it might be a little different! I really dig the lowepro stuff. Anybody have experience with the BP 150, 200 or 250? Any other brands or models to check out? I want something that can hold 3-4 batteries, tablet, extra props, charger, note pad, laptop etc...

Thanks in advance! You guys rock

Peace, Love & Burritos

I am using a Peak Design Everyday Backpack 30L, for my Sony A7R2, 16-35mm F/4 lens, 55mm F/1.8 lens, Mavic Pro 2 + controller, and 2 extra batteries (3 batteries total), and obviously a bunch of other items, like 3 power banks, prisms, MSI GS63VR 15.6 inch screen, sunglasses, rocket air blower, wireless microphone so I can sing karaoke while transferring all the footage through the DJI GO 4, or backing up to the laptop....and a clean underwear on the back compartment of the backpack. Guess that's all ~

Blimley, them lowepro backpacks are massive:oops: that’s like carrying my DJI Inspire on my back..

This is my first experience with Lowepro, but my DG BP 250 is by no means massive. As a matter fact it’s rather small as far as backpacks go and as it has been said here already, it’s just about perfect for the M2’s. I will probably buy one or two more for the MP and camera gear. (laughing)

KB

Reactions: yycguy
This is my first experience with Lowepro, but my DG BP 250 is by no means massive. As a matter fact it’s rather small as far as backpacks go and as it has been said here already, it’s just about perfect for the M2’s. I will probably buy one or two more for the MP and camera gear. (laughing)

KB

Well it’s not exactly small when you compare it to the size of the Mavic. I thought the idea of the Mavic was for its compact size & you wouldn’t really know you had it with you.

But I suppose “each the their own” when it comes size, me personally coming from a Phantom then an Inspire with big cases was such a pain in the arse carrying them about, got to the stage where I could be bothered taking them in the field. This little drone with its small case was ideal.

If you like it then good for you, but come on it is big..;)

Last edited:
I don't have a "perfect" backpack - out and about I use a Lowepro tactic aw 350 (mavic, 5 batteries, sony a6000 + 18-105, 55-210, Samyang 12mm, RX100 and spare camera batteries, powerbank, etc) when for going on the plane I use the FlyMore bag and another case to fit just the lenses and body in an old Oakley kitchensink backpack I've been using for something like 10 years.

It's annoying to not have "The 1 Backpack" but the 350 is convenient for walking around (especially after lugging a ThinkTank for the 3DR Solo) but not so good for carrying general stuff when travelling.

I received my BP250 yesterday. It is actually a little bigger than I expected. Swallows up the M2P and Fly More Kit with room for more. I like the size. Not too big. Not too small.

Another vote for the Lowepro Droneguard BP 250. M2P, Fly more Combo, 7.85" Crystalsky mounted to controller; Extra CS Battery; DJI Osmo Moblie 2. Still room left over.

Another vote for the Lowepro Droneguard BP 250. M2P, Fly more Combo, 7.85" Crystalsky mounted to controller; Extra CS Battery; DJI Osmo Moblie 2. Still room left over.

Yep I think you’ll have loads of room left over for the size of that back pack.

My dog thinks my Case Logic SLRC-206 is just right.
20171124_084604.jpg
It's a little more than you need for just a mavic, but it's about the same size as a typical daypack like we used to carry school books in. Lot more padding and support, of course.

Reactions: Porky
I use a tactical sling bag called Watson from a company called Hazard 4 along with the Polar Pro case for the drone. Fits everything and more, including a MacBook, if need be. You can also add pouches to the molle webbing if you need extra storage. I just put the Polar Pro case in the bag and anything else I need. It surprisingly holds a lot of gear.29BC3F42-1898-4310-9F74-A36BA1D5FAD5.jpeg95A47AAA-305E-4161-BEAB-0BC1038A4119.jpegAD62C823-A3D7-4113-B9C7-359F2DDBD4F0.jpeg

You forgot to add this bit of wording in;)

Dude, we get it. Anything more than a fanny pack big enough to haul a Tello around is ginormous to you. For me, and I’m sure many others, the size, protection, setup, etc. of the BP250 is just about perfect. Especially if you score it for $59 like I did at Fry’s just a while back. If I just want the drone itself in something smallish, **gasp**, then I just use the shoulder bag from the FM. It’s actually not too bad as long as you pack it right.

Dude, we get it. Anything more than a fanny pack big enough to haul a Tello around is ginormous to you. For me, and I’m sure many others, the size, protection, setup, etc. of the BP250 is just about perfect. Especially if you score it for $59 like I did at Fry’s just a while back. If I just want the drone itself in something smallish, **gasp**, then I just use the shoulder bag from the FM. It’s actually not too bad as long as you pack it right.

Just waiting for the 1st person to bite, nice one @mcsenerd Thumbswayup it’s not a bad case, really it’s not..
I use the FM bag also I think it’s a great Bag;)

Just curious what’s a Tello?

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent