DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Backpack out there??

Most people want small and light. Many times, I want small and light too and then I use a Lowepro Slingbag. But for storage in the house and as a "grab it and know that I have EVERYTHING in one place" - bag, I like my Tamrac Expedition 7 backpack. I used to use it for photo equipment. It's not huge, but it's not small. In it, I carry, my MPP, Titan Switch set, four batteries, the modded (for the Titan) controller, Moverios (goggles), chargers, filters, car adapter, memory card backup and reader, and still have room for my 15" Laptop and 5x7 Wacom tablet. To the outside, I can strap my landing pad case, a waterbottle holder, and my DJI hat. All in one place, ready to go. I've hiked miles with it strapped to my back (it has a hefty waist belt and chest strap which makes it very reasonable, even with all that stuff in it)...or you can just throw it over your shoulder for short walks. It's compact, considering what's inside, and protects everything extremely well.

- Gary

My dog thinks my Case Logic SLRC-206 is just right.
View attachment 50123
It's a little more than you need for just a mavic, but it's about the same size as a typical daypack like we used to carry school books in. Lot more padding and support, of course.

Awesome dog!!!

Hey guys, sorry if this is a repeated thread.

What’s yalls favorite backpack that will fit the Mavic 2 series correctly? I’ve seen plenty that fit the Mavic Pro but just worried with the extra size it might be a little different! I really dig the lowepro stuff. Anybody have experience with the BP 150, 200 or 250? Any other brands or models to check out? I want something that can hold 3-4 batteries, tablet, extra props, charger, note pad, laptop etc...

Thanks in advance! You guys rock

Peace, Love & Burritos
I have the BP150, and it's perfect - my favorite thing about it is the deep pockets. I did a review on my channel if you want to check it out.

this from ThinkTank: Fits all the drone, charger, five batteries, ananometer, cables and spares easily. It's a proper camera bag as well so built light but with lots of protection:

The problem I've found with just about every single one of the mentioned "backpacks" is that none of them carry the weight like a real backpack. That may be fine if you're only going to short walk from the car, but if you plan on going hiking any distance, all the weight will be carried on your shoulders because the hip belts(where you want most of the weight to be carried), if they even have one, are an absolute joke.

The question for me is whether I'll be able to fit the drone, in some sort of small hard case, in my current winter pack, along with all of my ice climbing gear, or if I'll need a bigger pack?

I’ve just ordered the Lowepro Freeline BP350. It’s the Lowepro take on the Peak Design line of backpacks. There is not much online about it, but what reviews there are really rate it and it looks like it should be able to handle a Mavic and a mirrorless camera pretty easy.

I found this to be the perfect size for me. It is one of my old camera cases and I'm not even sure of the model.
It fits my M2P with the fly more package (entire kit all chargers cables props ect). It also fits my MavMount, PP 6 pc filter set, a large 3 port usb charging block, and even the iPad Air 2. I have room for one more battery and some front pocket space left...

01.jpg

02.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie