DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Orders

Nope... i just got hosed, they moved my shipping date to 12/20 now ...
Hope springs eternal. :cool:
Unfortunately, "Shipped" is the only relevant status change...:rolleyes:

Mine, ordered Oct 24, has gone from ”Get it by Oct 29", to "Nov 29", to "Dec 23" yesterday, and is now: "Your item is currently backordered. We'll notify you as soon as we ship it." :eek::(:oops::mad:

Last edited:
BB simply does not have a clue! As BB moved mine to release date of Dec. 31st theres no point even checking till after Xmas. And then it will probably change to ??? It's winter here so..... P3P gonna get a cold butt in the coming weeks.

BB simply does not have a clue! As BB moved mine to release date of Dec. 31st theres no point even checking till after Xmas. And then it will probably change to ??? It's winter here so..... P3P gonna get a cold butt in the coming weeks.
No point in checking. If and when it ships, they'll send you an email.
Until then, fly 'em, if you got 'em! :cool:

Yeah, I don't know what's going on. Mine went to December 21 to December 5, and my card has been charged. I've also received my Shutterfly coupon. I'm hoping that it's correct.
aed3caa1f1aa65b21e579c44eb20214d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

LOL... maybe this is all changing for us because a ton of people overreacted to the initial "backorder" notification and cancelled their orders, which effectively moved many of us up the queue for more favorable delivery dates? Either way, this Best Buy pre-order has been a train-wreck so far.

I pre-ordered relatively late on 10/24 and mine is also showing "preparing. get it by Dec 5" and my amex has also been charged with shutterfly promo emailed.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on. Mine went to December 21 to December 5, and my card has been charged. I've also received my Shutterfly coupon. I'm hoping that it's correct.
aed3caa1f1aa65b21e579c44eb20214d.jpg

Until preparing turns into shipping, it's meaningless, as those of us who ordered based upon a promised "Get it by date" back on October 24th were all given "Get it by Oct 29" dates, and yet here we sit, now newly on "Backordered, we'll let you know when it ships." The charge on your card is just an authorization that will drop off, and the Shutterfly coupon is just a free advertising promotion that costs Best Buy nothing. Shutterfly pays Best Buy to give them to you!

LOL... maybe this is all changing for us because a ton of people overreacted to the initial "backorder" notification and cancelled their orders, which effectively moved many of us up the queue for more favorable delivery dates? Either way, this Best Buy pre-order has been a train-wreck so far.

I pre-ordered relatively late on 10/24 and mine is also showing "preparing. get it by Dec 5" and my amex has also been charged with shutterfly promo emailed.
I also ordered Oct 24, and mine has gone from ”Get it by Oct 29", to "Nov 29", to "Dec 23" yesterday, and is now: "Your item is currently backordered. We'll notify you as soon as we ship it." Just checked it again. No change. :rolleyes: I wouldn't get my hopes up until you actually are sent a shipping notification email with a verifiable tracking number. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! :oops: Fool me four times, and I don't believe a word you say. Prove it, I say to them! :cool: Prove it! What's the tracking number, so I can check with the courier myself, instead of taking your word for it. Shame on Best Buy! :eek: Then, when what they ship just is the Shutterfly coupon only, don't be surprised! :p

Last edited:
I also ordered Oct 24, and mine has gone from ”Get it by Oct 29", to "Nov 29", to "Dec 23" yesterday, and is now: "Your item is currently backordered. We'll notify you as soon as we ship it." Just checked it again. No change. :rolleyes: I wouldn't get my hopes up until you actually are sent a shipping notification email with a verifiable tracking number. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! :oops: Fool me four times, and I don't believe a word you say. Prove it, I say to them! :cool: Prove it! What's the tracking number, so I can check with the courier myself, instead of taking your word for it. Shame on Best Buy! :eek: Then, when what they ship just is the Shutterfly coupon only, don't be surprised! :p

I ordered on the same day and I went through the same motions as you. However, I did get a follow up charge on my card to the one that I got back in October. I also got a shutterfly email and a switch from backordered to preparing.

I work at Best Buy and I checked my online order in store and it is consistent with what I've seen on my computer at home. Also, I saw that the mavic will be coming from a DC in Kentucky, like previous orders.

I ordered on the same day and I went through the same motions as you. However, I did get a follow up charge on my card to the one that I got back in October. I also got a shutterfly email and a switch from backordered to preparing.

I work at Best Buy and I checked my online order in store and it is consistent with what I've seen on my computer at home. Also, I saw that the mavic will be coming from a DC in Kentucky, like previous orders.
Call me a cynic, but until it says "Shipped" and you have a carrier tracking number, it's just more of the same run around. Let me know when it says shipped. :cool:

Well ****** up and forgot to cancel my Best Buy order and I just got my UPS tracking number...LOL

Reactions: scholls22
So, how long doest it take to get shipped ones it goes to preparing?.......anyone!!!!
Mine has been in preparing since October 24th! :rolleyes:
Draw your own conclusions!
It means Zilch, Nada, Nothing!
When it says Shipped, with a carrier tracking number you can verify with the Carrier, then you have only the carrier to blame. Until then, just more smoke and mirrors from Best Buy :p

Whoa.....I forgot I had preordered until I read this. Just checked my email and it has shipped and I have a tracking #

Dang my 10/23 order hasn't shipped but hopefully soon. Good sign.

Don't be so sure, my 10/13 order still "backordered". Someone at BB must be picking their favorite number and shipping orders placed on that day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shipping confirmed and tracking number provided. Ordered Oct. 24
That is encouraging! I wonder if they had to split the October 24th orders in the middle of the day into two piles: ship these and backorder these. Clearly, DJI did not ship BB as many units as they were expecting! BB got caught in the middle!

I also ordered 10/24 and just now got shipping confirmation. Tracking # shows UPS Ground for delivery on monday Dec 5 just like the "get it by" date said earlier today.

Did not expect this. I was going to cancel as soon as my B&H flymore order due to arrive tomorrow was physically in my hands. But too late... guess I will have 2 Mavics lol. Might as well try and profit a bit by selling on ebay at current going rate and keep my 3x amex points from Best Buy in the process.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard