DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best method for attaching FAA reg # to drone

Get your self a Dynamo where you spin the Dial on the tape and press into it.
Easy to see , look classy and good adhesive and if you need more can handle a touch of hot glue well without falling apart. You can use it for a lot of things that need labeling .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow and Land on Water.

I used an ultra fine point Sharpie marker and just wrote the number directly on the drone. Inexpensive, permanent, and very lightweight.

While I was at it, I wrote my phone number on the drone, figuring that if the drone flies away and gets found by a stranger, the phone number is more likely to let them reach me than the FAA registration number.

Actually, the Sharpie is not totally permanent. When I changed registration from recreational to Part 107, I was able to erase the recreational registration number with denatured alcohol, a Q-tip, and a few minutes of effort.

Reactions: Bill Kennedy
I registered here Bundle – FAA Registration ID Card and Labels (3 sets) – Hobbyist Pilots They send you 3 sets of stickers of whatever style you choose. When you buy that bundle or any bundle and register in their database it will let people that find your drone have a place to find you. I have all three on mine. One with my phone number, one with my FAA number and the other with my registration at that site which tells them to go there to find the owner.

Last edited:
I use a Dymo letratag so that I can vary the size of my tags based on which drone I'm printing for. Nice big and bold on the arms of the MA2 and much smaller for the MM and Mini2. And with the ability to do 2 rows I can have my personal contact info put on the other leg. And I saved all of that stuff in memory so I can print them up whenever I want without typing it all in again.

Why spend money? I just typed (remember typewriters?) the number on a small adhesive label and stuck it on the drone. It's been there now for nearly two years.

Reactions: Dbarwick
I go the super simple route... Print the FAA reg number and use a tiny piece of tape just bigger than the numbers to attach it to the bottom of the arm. Done! Not as nice as some other options, but I don't have to get anything extra.

Reactions: Dbarwick
Get your self a Dynamo where you spin the Dial on the tape and press into it.
Easy to see , look classy and good adhesive and if you need more can handle a touch of hot glue well without falling apart. You can use it for a lot of things that need labeling .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow and Land on Water.
Those things are still around? Maybe I’m not so old after all? ?

Had my daughter whip something up on her Cricut - if something like that is available to you. I got to pick the font, the color (she has some really pretty sparkly vinyl), fit it to the exact size, and if it comes off she can cut another one.

Attachments

• PXL_20210222_142513854.jpg
    PXL_20210222_142513854.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: halifax
In addition to the various solution mentioned here, I also use the printed tape and put me phone number in the battery compartment. That was if it gets lost it might find its way back to you.

mailing label. you can size it as small as you like. I promise it will not come off.

If you're looking for something more professional looking, I make these vinyl decals:

1614077803841.png

1614077813382.png

1614077820781.png

1614077791143.png

• Love
Reactions: theDRONEranger
I use the transfers from our own @Aerial-Pixel.
Thanks for the mention, yes our decals are available on our website HERE. They come in a set of 5 different sizes, 2 of each for $9 US, they are available in 12 different colors: Black, White, Yellow, Burgundy, Red, Orange, Blue, Light Blue, Green, Lime Green, Silver Metallic and Gold Metallic.
1614185566907.png
1614185582138.png

1614185591664.png
1614185600616.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman