DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best mounts system for crystalsky 5,5 w/ Mavic Pro

DJI mount feels great in the hands with the Mavic controller. Having the screen below the controller is perfect. I can now full screen the CS for shots while seeing my flight parameters on the controller, which is highly important for us.
This is working well for live shots taken to the air from the Mavics via the hdmi output on the CS.
Huge benefit: the mount is always attached and fits in the GPC case.
Great setup
Quality hardware as always from DJI.
Did you find the weight of the screen made the controller bottom heavy?

Did you find the weight of the screen made the controller bottom heavy?

With the 5.5" weight distribution is no problem. 7.85" is where the weight becomes a problem and it's just a bit odd in your hands.

With the 5.5" weight distribution is no problem. 7.85" is where the weight becomes a problem and it's just a bit odd in your hands.
I'm still waiting for my mavic to arrive but I can't help thinking I would prefer the screen to be above (in front of the sticks) like the evolution3d mount. Trouble is there are no shops here for me to even try screens and mounts on the RC (when it arrives) so it's all guess work and what I can glean from this forum.

Mavmount ordered today ....... photos to follow :)

Reactions: nzfarmboy
Hello everyone

has anyone considered looking at the new DJI store webpage they are going to be offering their own crystalsky mount for the Mavic remote. There is a picture shown of the device

It’s the same price as the regular amount that they offer but it’s definitely quite a bit smaller

As of this moment they only have the picture they showed that it is out of stock at this point a coming soon

In lieu of the fact that this wasn’t offered and still isn’t available I’m using the crystalsky 5.5 inch monitor mounted with the evolution 3-D fabricated mount and clip system made specifically for the Mavic pro remote
It’s a very strong plastic and it offers mounting above and over the remote screen with a nice range of adjustments

The dji mount for mavic and crystal has actually been available for some time.. many folks have it.. it's just that DJI themselves is apparently saying out of stock right now..

Some people like it.. some do not.. it's definitely well built, but I am not a fan, I just don't like where it puts the screen.. and forget about using it with the 7.85 cs..

The dji mount for mavic and crystal has actually been available for some time.. many folks have it.. it's just that DJI themselves is apparently saying out of stock right now..

Some people like it.. some do not.. it's definitely well built, but I am not a fan, I just don't like where it puts the screen.. and forget about using it with the 7.85 cs..

I agree. DJI’s CS mount for the Mavic controller is a well-made, compact solution. Unfortunately, I just didn’t care for the way handled. You would think it would feel similar to holding the controller with a phone attached, but it doesn’t. Also, you have to rotate the CS 180º which puts the buttons on the left. May not be a big deal for some, but I much prefer the CS’s buttons on the right.

Thanks for the follow up responses
Very good information
It’s good to know these things

Now; Can anyone tell me where I can buy an extra crystalsky battery?
Any idea what they cost?

Thanks

Thanks for the follow up responses
Very good information
It’s good to know these things

Now; Can anyone tell me where I can buy an extra crystalsky battery?
Any idea what they cost?

Thanks

just search google my man.. whole bunch of places have it in stock.. 59 bucks.. that Advexure place above even has it, same place I got the dji cs mavic mount from..

Reactions: Advexure
Just a quick update my Mavmount arrived and as many have already said this is a very well built mount and fits the controller really well. I'll be testing this out on my next few flights as I am not sure I like like the over the controller position but as I have never flew this way before I'm giving it a go ...

4d41f0836bbb12778feec24e236026f2.jpg

72fafe43b500b0791661eb52cfd36eb8.jpg

31eb44724a292baaf486ff7ade474bad.jpg

Just a quick update my Mavmount arrived and as many have already said this is a very well built mount and fits the controller really well. I'll be testing this out on my next few flights as I am not sure I like like the over the controller position but as I have never flew this way before I'm giving it a go ...

4d41f0836bbb12778feec24e236026f2.jpg

72fafe43b500b0791661eb52cfd36eb8.jpg

31eb44724a292baaf486ff7ade474bad.jpg
Looking forward to your review after a few flights

Ok so let's get the obvious point out of the way ...

Yes it adds weight to your controller but in my honest opinion not in in a bad way.

So my feedback ..

I really thought I was not going to like this as I had gotten used to seeing the controller display and my thumbs on the controller sticks.

This very quickly became a none issue as everything you need to see is on the crystalsky display.

The controller sticks and the rear programmable buttons are where they have always been so getting to these without seeing them is not an issue.

I did purchase the lanyard clip and lanyard and once adjusted to the correct length ( third battery ) it was smooth flying.

So all in all I give this five stars all round.

I am more than happy to recommend this to anyone.

And the only improvement I can see for this is maybe a way to reduce its weight ... but I do not think it is heavy in any way.

Reactions: Stan1915
great review thanks. I wonder if its just a comfortable with the much heavier and physically bigger 7.8 CS.

I used an iPad Air2 before getting my 5.5 CS. It felt a little more top heavy than the CS. I am sure that the 7.85 with 2 batteries is gonna feel pretty top heavy on the Mavic remote.

I used an iPad Air2 before getting my 5.5 CS. It felt a little more top heavy than the CS. I am sure that the 7.85 with 2 batteries is gonna feel pretty top heavy on the Mavic remote.
Oh so you have downsized your screen. How are you finding the 5.5 screen? I know the visibility is better with the 1000 nits but is the image Large enough to see what's going on and to frame your photos

I really haven't missed the larger screen since I can see it now. With the iPad I had to use a sunshade and still could not see the screen at times.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk