DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

jtcfilms

Reactions
Hey all, I've been uploading a lot of Mavic videos to my Instagram and I cannot get them to upload in good quality for the life of me! More detail below, but everything looks great when I watch back on my laptop and even after airdropping to my phone, but then when I upload to Instagram kiss the quality goodbye... sorry to plug my page, but feel free to check instagram @jtcfilms for reference on how bad the quality drop is :/ thanks for any and all help!

Details:
-Editing in Final Cut Pro X w/settings in screenshot below or 1920x1080 resolution || 29.97 Rate || Apple ProRes 422
-Drone settings screenshotted below or 4K/30fps || .MOV file
-Exported from laptop to iPhone X using AirDrop

upload_2018-5-5_11-9-40.png

My Instagram vids have been MOV files though, NOT MP4 as seen here.
IMG_1270.PNG

From Apple

Final Cut Pro X: Final Cut Pro: Supported export formats

You can export to a number of formats natively using the Master File share destination. You can export to additional formats using settings in Compressor.

Note: Depending on your project settings, some of the export formats listed below may not be available.

Master File destination
All of the Master File destination formats below are available for the MOV container format (for supported source resolutions and frame rates). All of the formats below are also available for the MXF container format (with the exception of H.264, HDV, and Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2).

You can export to the following formats using the Master File share destination:

Apple ProRes (all versions)

AVC-Intra Class 50/100/200

DV (including DVCAM, DVCPRO, and DVCPRO50)

DVCPRO HD

H.264

HDV

MPEG IMX (D-10)

MXF

Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2

Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2

XDCAM HD/EX/HD422

For more information, see Export a master file and Export an MXF file.

Compressor setting
You can export to the following formats using a Compressor setting:

Apple Animation codec

AVC-Intra (MXF)

QuickTime formats

From Apple

Final Cut Pro X: Final Cut Pro: Supported export formats

You can export to a number of formats natively using the Master File share destination. You can export to additional formats using settings in Compressor.

Note: Depending on your project settings, some of the export formats listed below may not be available.

Master File destination
All of the Master File destination formats below are available for the MOV container format (for supported source resolutions and frame rates). All of the formats below are also available for the MXF container format (with the exception of H.264, HDV, and Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2).

You can export to the following formats using the Master File share destination:

Apple ProRes (all versions)

AVC-Intra Class 50/100/200

DV (including DVCAM, DVCPRO, and DVCPRO50)

DVCPRO HD

H.264

HDV

MPEG IMX (D-10)

MXF

Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2

Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2

XDCAM HD/EX/HD422

For more information, see Export a master file and Export an MXF file.

Compressor setting
You can export to the following formats using a Compressor setting:

Apple Animation codec

AVC-Intra (MXF)

QuickTime formats
Thanks for sharing. But unfortunately this doesnt really help me with uploading to Instagram. Was hoping someone out there had a lot of experience exporting a bunch of different file types from their Mavic.

Thanks!

I do 640x640 23.976 square pixels h.264 with a max of 10-12mbps target bitrate.

I try to crop not scale to my instagram video (@_creativmotion for examples), you can also use a widescreen format that will remove letterboxing from your hd videos.

edit: I then transfer them to my phone from my pc using sendanywhere app

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929