DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big Waterfall in Switzerland

Marco egeter

Reactions
Hello

Im new here and welcome to everybody.

I bougt a drone mavic 2 pro and made my first movie.

In my opinion it looks quite good but only one thing ist disturbing me.
In fast movements like in sec 3.55 there is a lagging in the Movie. Is it true that this is coming only from faster shutter?
I filmed everything in 25 frames and H265

Also sometimes like in minute 1.25 there is a flickering in little branches from the Trees. Maybe someone can explain me why this happens. Ive seen it in many Movies not only in mine.

Many thank for a Answer
Please excuse my bad english

Hello

In fast movements like in sec 3.55 there is a lagging in the Movie. Is it true that this is coming only from faster shutter?

Also sometimes like in minute 1.25 there is a flickering in little branches from the Trees. Maybe someone can explain me why this happens. Ive seen it in many Movies not only in mine.

Many thank for a Answer
Please excuse my bad english
I am pretty new to this too. Your English is good enough to understand. Did you switch to Tripod (T) mode for smoother filming? I don't see the flickering of trees but I do see flashes of light throughout the film. My download speed is 70.44 Mb/s so I think that not the issue. I hope more experienced drone and video makers can give you more advice

Beautiful video. I have the older model Mavic Air. I had the same issue from the start, flickering and occasional lag. In my case, I was told that though the quality is 4K it is still a small processor and therefore sometimes had issues. My understanding was that this was supposed to be improved in the later models of Mavic 2.

In any case, I found it helpful to keep the shots as still as possible. Slowest gimbal movements possible and extremely slow turns seems to limit flickering.

Hello

Many thank for a Answer
Please excuse my bad English
How did you render H.265 and what resolution, E.g? 1080p or 4k? Did you use GO4 app to render of Resolve Studio and a compatible Nvidia GPU? BTW - Your English is just fine.

In any case, I found it helpful to keep the shots as still as possible. Slowest gimbal movements possible and extremely slow turns seems to limit flickering.

Hi
Thank you, as slow as possible helps alot thats true.
I dont think it has something to do with slow processors, its lagging on different devices.

I am pretty new to this too. Your English is good enough to understand. Did you switch to Tripod (T) mode for smoother filming? I don't see the flickering of trees but I do see flashes of light throughout the film. My download speed is 70.44 Mb/s so I think that not the issue. I hope more experienced drone and video makers can give you more advice

Hi, thank you to for the reply.
Sometimes i switch to Tripod mode. But here i did not, i was on P but manually flying. Flashes of light i cant see? maybe its the flickering on the trees i explained in the first post?

Reactions: RickAung
How did you render H.265 and what resolution, E.g? 1080p or 4k? Did you use GO4 app to render of Resolve Studio and a compatible Nvidia GPU? BTW - Your English is just fine.
its in H.265 edited an graded with premiere CC. The resolution is 4k from a preset in Adobe Encoder.
My Computer is a little bit old but still good. Graphic- Card is a Geforce 750M
Windows 10 an 16GM RAM

I bought some ND Filters maybe it helps.

Thank you all for the help

Hi Marco,
a very impressive video. I love it.
Regarding your questions, issues let me ask one question: Did you take the video that has been recorded to your smartphone during the flight ? If yes, check the original recording on the SD-Card or the drone internal storage. As per my experience I have the best recording whenever I take the one recorded by the drone. Let us know whether you found any difference.

I didn't know this waterfall, thanks for the tip, do you know this one? It's more the valley of waterfalls, the upper Gältebach, by Lauenen
DJI_0269.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inecho