DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird strike damage cost

A bird strike would most likely take everything out due to damage and debris coming from the compressor and containment jacket to the turbine in the hot section, plus mess up accessories and bend things, damage knife edge bearings and clog up other stuff.
After that the engine will probably undergo a complete refubishing to be acceptable for re-issue, or it may even be scrapped.
Probably not a fun thing to go through if you're flying a single engine jet at low altitudes. That was a bird strike, just imagine what a small drone could do.

*****That was a bird strike, just imagine what a small drone could do.******

I was expecting this post..... We will HAVE to imagine until it actually happens. in the mean time, what are we going to do about these birds that have caused issues almost every day? We need a bird ban.

I was expecting this post..... We will HAVE to imagine until it actually happens. in the mean time, what are we going to do about these birds that have caused issues almost every day? We need a bird ban.
I was mainly stating the differences between a bird strike and what a small drone could possibly do worse.
I had no intention to address the ever present "restriction panic" but merely and because of some of my background in airframe and engine rebuilding, reflected on the damage a small bird can cause, never mind a more solid small drone.
As a quad driver, I do support banning birds, conventional aircraft and balloon operators from drone zones for everyone's safety, and would suggest that they'd be urged at the chance of enforcement to call DJI to pre-plan possible flight through a drone zone to prevent heavy fines due to blatant disrespect of said zones which would be more abundant than present No Fun Zones.
I would offer a relax pill, but then I didn't think you were all that serious, and I may have over reacted :)

Reactions: Flynz
I was mainly stating the differences between a bird strike and what a small drone could possibly do worse.
I had no intention to address the ever present "restriction panic" but merely and because of some of my background in airframe and engine rebuilding, reflected on the damage a small bird can cause, never mind a more solid small drone.
As a quad driver, I do support banning birds, conventional aircraft and balloon operators from drone zones for everyone's safety, and would suggest that they'd be urged at the chance of enforcement to call DJI to pre-plan possible flight through a drone zone to prevent heavy fines due to blatant disrespect of said zones which would be more abundant than present No Fun Zones.
I would offer a relax pill, but then I didn't think you were all that serious, and I may have over reacted :)

NOW you are on to something...... If drones outnumber Aircraft, we could win on a Majority rules argument!

Reactions: projockey
Instead of a wall we should build a giant net to stop all those dann birds!!!...lamo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp