DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfire3D

Reactions
Is there a product that will totally cover the props? Where I fly at has a lot of nasty territorial birds (Mostly Seagulls and smaller) that seem to attack the drone when it gets to a certain height (usually about 50 feet up). Luckily the last bird strike did not break props, but I think that was luck. How can I keep our feathered friends from wrecking my Zoom?

Do these look like they would help?
3.jpg

Reactions: Porky
LOL! I know these are in Australia!! But I'm sure they are not made here, and available elsewhere!!!
A quick Google search and reply to the Gents question was my aim!!

I don’t think they have these For Mavic 2, but I could be wrong.
I’m in process of designing something similar, but a bigger setup that will enclose entire drone instead of 4 seperate cages (one for each engine).
The other thing with those cages is that you also need to install slightly smaller props so flight time and efficiency is lost.

I’m in process of designing something similar, but a bigger setup that will enclose entire drone

Now that sounds quite interesting? would you share with us once your design is finished or is it top secret?

Is there a product that will totally cover the props? .. How can I keep our feathered friends from wrecking my Zoom?
While prop guards might be useful to prevent issues when you are flying indoors and nudging the walls, they aren't going to do any good if your drone is attacked by a seagull.

Do these look like they would help?
View attachment 74185
Those will only fit the Mavic Pro. And they likely wouldn't be useful since DJI recommends not flying faster than 2.68 MPH when using them (to prevent damage on impact).

Those will only fit the Mavic Pro. And they likely wouldn't be useful since DJI recommends not flying faster than 2.68 MPH when using them (to prevent damage on impact).
Cheers Doc., just passing on what I found!!

No worries. It's literally the only thing ever made to fully protect the props on any DJI drone. I guess DJI stopped making them since they aren't really too useful.

Reactions: Simmo
Now that sounds quite interesting? would you share with us once your design is finished or is it top secret?
Definitely. Always share my tinkering.

Reactions: Porky
Rob... if its not about YOU, its just not about YOU eh???
Can you SLOW DOWN A BIT!!
Your consistant harping on about DJI hacking the National security of your country....
Yet you expand WORLDWIDE!! fixing DJI products.... this STINKS!
Back onto my block list!!!

The reason you were unblocked, was because it made so many threads disjointed.
If that occurs again, I guess I'll leave the whole forum...
Cant put up with you spamming everything Rob...
Drivin' me crazy....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: msinger
it seems like you are not them member you once were.

Yeah... that was the down fall.... you went all out on a crusade .... and wouldn't let it rest???
The only reason I dont/cant contribute to data analysis is because there are better folk than me around now!!
I will contribute where I can...

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems like you are not them member you once were.

Yeah... that was the down fall.... you went all out on a crusade about ****.... and wouldn't let it rest???
The only reason I dont/cant contribute to data analysis is because there are better folk than me around now!!
I will contribute where I can...

No I am not the member I once was, but I see that as a good thing. Of course you dont, because you have aligned with 1 or 2 other malicious malcontents who are seeking to damage my stellar reputation, and distract me from what I am here to do. Help people.

When I started here, I knew a little bit, but spent almost all my waking hours reading every single post and thread, and also spending time on the DJI forum. I felt the DJI forum was repressive because if you spoke out against their "tyranny" you were quashed. Seems like you are trying to do the same thing to me here.

After looking back at the thread I made about the Smartcontroller, I was right on the money. I have owned dozens of them, and was right on every single gripe I had. Everyone who owns one that I know agrees.

• Wow
Reactions: Simmo
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez