DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Boeing & Airbus Afraid of 5G

Frank, can you share links to where this is stemming from? Not doubting you but it would be nice to have something more to go on/read/research.

Frank, can you share links to where this is stemming from? Not doubting you but it would be nice to have something more to go on/read/research.
My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Reactions: BSauce955

I am wondering here if they are seeing similar issues with each of the 5G protocols? There are two of them, one that was developed in America and another in China.
Obviously the Chinese version is worse.

And if the problem really is 5G then presumably they are going to have to ban vaccinated passengers.

Really, How so? Just curious.

Why is Chinese 5G worse? - because everything from China is a security threat, of course.

Why ban vaccinated passengers? - because everyone knows that the COVID-19 vaccines contain 5G-based tracking devices.

That's what I read on the interwebs.

Why is Chinese 5G worse? - because everything from China is a security threat, of course.

Why ban vaccinated passengers? - because everyone knows that the COVID-19 vaccines contain 5G-based tracking devices.

That's what I read on the interwebs.
Ahhhhh... OK. I live in China, so was curious. I understand the issue now.

Cordially,

Mark

Reactions: walrus and sar104
Well...time to move to Green Bank, West Virginia, see you all on the other side folks 🤣

1640180188739.png

Reactions: Pixeldawg
I heard a radio interview with a long time commercial airline pilot. The direct concern was that the radar altimeter became inaccurate during coupled landings. This data becomes key during the final phase of a low minimums auto pilot landing. There was no technical discussion of what exactly was the conflict. I have no technical knowledge about the radar altimeter but there is a audible call out in the cockpit of the distance to the surface during the descent. The approach must be abandon at a specific AGL altitude and a missed approach must be executed.

Reactions: BigAl07
I know nothing about how an airplane's radio altimeter works, but I do know a lot of RF in general (I've been in the 2-way radio & Microwave fields for 40 years). Here is a great article that explains the differences between 4G & 5G, and the frequency spectrum(s) they use: What Is 5G?

An article about 5G C band that some might wish to read.

I might be misinformed but I don’t think there is actually an “overlap” of the frequencies involved but they are close together so could “potentially interfere”.

This article gives a little better coverage than just news reports Radio Altimeter Interference
That does clarify the concerns, but the study it is based on is entirely computational, with a lot of assumptions, especially regarding actual out-of-band emissions:

I'm also not clear why there appear to have been no experimental investigations of the problem. If they don't get some actual data then it is just going to continue to be a Monty Python-style "yes it is", "no it isn't" argument between the aviation and wireless industries.

That does clarify the concerns, but the study it is based on is entirely computational, with a lot of assumptions, especially regarding actual out-of-band emissions:

I'm also not clear why there appear to have been no experimental investigations of the problem. If they don't get some actual data then it is just going to continue to be a Monty Python-style "yes it is", "no it isn't" argument between the aviation and wireless industries.
American made 5G, government might be afraid that the Chinese government is going to find out how much your own government is actually spying on their own people with phone cameras, computer cameras and key strokes, cc tv everywhere etc. There's way more to worry about than that. Just stirring the pot here a bit as no one knows exactly what any government is up to really, so many secrets being kept from their own people and the world. If anyone knew half of what is actually going on no one would be sane, just enjoy life and have fun flying and flying our drones I say.

An article about 5G C band that some might wish to read.

I might be misinformed but I don’t think there is actually an “overlap” of the frequencies involved but they are close together so could “potentially interfere”.
It doesn't have to overlap if the 5G transmitter has a problem on it's center frequency or a harmonic of that frequency.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi