DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Breaking in the drone?

Eyeinthesky33

Reactions
I'm going to break it in whether it's needed or not. I always felt anything with a motor or just multiple systems in general need trial period and to ease in use. What are your guyses thoughts about breaking in the battery, motor, etc.

Well, I'm kinda old school, and grew up with everything mechanical, and break in was just normal for about everything. Now with modern electronics that mentality is all but gone.

That said, there is still some logic to me, in going at things a little slower. Not so much a matter of letting components seat and align, (as in the old days) but, If there is a defect or malfunction with modern electronic equipment, they will most likely occur sooner rather than later (sometimes immediately) and I'd rather find that out at lower speed, height, or distance, instead of a mile away, doing 40 miles per hour.

Not to mention, just getting in tune with your machine takes a little time and is safer IMO.

Just my three cents. Others may vary.

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
There was talk of a battery break-in by not going below 50% for the first few charges.

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan