DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brief Vertical Distortions in Footage

hemlok

Reactions
New mavic owner here,

I've been flying for about 2 months now, and I'm just getting a hang on the film aspects of the mavic. I've noticed however that I'm getting these strange vertical artifacts when I'm recording. They show up on the preview on my phone, and are also on the footage recorded to the SD card. I probably get about 10 of these in a 10 minute flight

Here's an example around the 2 second mark:

Before I assume its a defect, and flag a ticket with DJI, I wondered if this was something I was doing wrong and could fix?

Any ideas?

New mavic owner here,

I've been flying for about 2 months now, and I'm just getting a hang on the film aspects of the mavic. I've noticed however that I'm getting these strange vertical artifacts when I'm recording. They show up on the preview on my phone, and are also on the footage recorded to the SD card. I probably get about 10 of these in a 10 minute flight

Here's an example around the 2 second mark:

Before I assume its a defect, and flag a ticket with DJI, I wondered if this was something I was doing wrong and could fix?

Any ideas?

Are you able to post a video that is a bit longer. Really hard to tell from just that one small glitch.

Really hard to tell from your video, but I see a horizontal stutter mid-screen (not vertical)- looks to me like a gimbal stutter. I've seen this occasionally when doing a quick start or stop- or a good strong wind gust.

You stopped abruptly, which would have caused the aircraft to tilt back sharply, so the gimbal hit the frame or its downward mechanical limit. Perfectly normal, just be smoother with your inputs.

Reactions: Crayons
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS