DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken micro usb port on the mavic pro controller

I had the same issue and already marked the upside. But a magnetic one gives protection.

Will this also fit the Mavic Pro RC?

I had the same issue and already marked the upside. But a magnetic one gives protection.

Yes thank you for your input I just bought 2 magnetic cable today on Amazon and I Will not remove the adaptator ever, it was my mistake the controller fall down from my hand

Reactions: Easy pilot

Have you actually used the magnetic one yet?
The way it looks there isn't much room for the micro usb plug and then the magnetic end goes over it
Wonder if you might have to modify the controller a little

Reactions: Former Member
The way it looks there isn't much room for the micro usb plug and then the magnetic end goes over it

No, actually it was my question. It seems it is bit too wide. I just want to ask someone who has experience and let us know the right size. Thanks.

Poor design on the part of DJI. They could’ve at least made the USB port a certain shape like the corresponding charging cable so that you would know which way to plug your micro USB cable in.

Every time I go to charge my Mavic remote I have to look carefully and there’s been at least 3 occasions where I’m trying to plug it in only to realise that I’m close to maybe breaking that “tongue” inside.

Someone here suggested colour coding the up and down sides and I’m going to give that ago cos it’s an accident just waiting to happen.
Yep, one small dot on it showing which way is up saves a lot of time if plugging it in is an issue.

I have and it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Not an issue.

Nope. It fits perfectly. This one fits perfectly as does the reversible one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EV1LEIA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here’s the link to the cables I have (the micro usb cables also support data which is helpful for updating through DJI assistant):

Reversible Micro USB Cable,JianHan [3-Pack] Braided Micro USB Charging Cable for Samsung Galaxy S6,S6 Edge, Note 5,LG G3 G4, Nexus, Motorola, Android Smartphones and More (1.5ft/3.3ft/6ft Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EV1LEIA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_GzjvBb3AQP98H

SKYREAT 1.14ft/35cm Lightning USB Cable Cord [Apple MFi Certified] Perfect Size Right angle for DJI Mavic Air/Mavic Pro/Mavic Platinum,Parrot Anafi,Autel EVO,DJI Phantom Inspire Series https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073PW3VBK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_sAjvBbTAS1VCF

Thanks for the link. I went to Amazon, ordered the Jian Han cables and got 3 different length cables with the "idiot" proof micro end. Total cost, using "Prime" was under $10. Got them in 2 days
Someone called "Thunderdome" called me "dumb, old, stupid & stoned" probably is someone I know. Thought these forums were to help each other, and if you want to add to my bio, go ahead.
Meanwhile thanks for posting helpful hints and advice.

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks for the link. I went to Amazon, ordered the Jian Han cables and got 3 different length cables with the "idiot" proof micro end. Total cost, using "Prime" was under $10. Got them in 2 days
Someone called "Thunderdome" called me "dumb, old, stupid & stoned" probably is someone I know. Thought these forums were to help each other, and if you want to add to my bio, go ahead.
Meanwhile thanks for posting helpful hints and advice.

Im going to PM you. See if you have a copy of that message. It wasnt me, but the name is close enough for someone to get confused. I did a member search and did not find a member named Thunderdome.

The only person using those terms in this thread is @cyclonite.

"Those that break the flimsy USB controller connection within in the first month would generally be newbs, clumsy, drunk, stoned, using an elchepo lead, half blind, fully blind, in a dark room, all of the above or just unlucky. Those that dont break the flimsy RC USB in the first 6 months are none of the above."

My RC micro usb is still perfectly intact but I recognise it’s inherent weakness and do like the idea of the magnetic usb leads.
I primarily use a tablet (connected via the bottom standard usb connector) so the micro USB port is for charging only.

I am hoping that those who have used them can reassure me that the magnetism won’t cause any problems either to the RC or, by being in the Mavic Air carry bag with the MA, to the MA itself and its calibration.

If there is any doubt then I won’t use it but the idea of leaving the connector always plugged into the micro USB port is very appealing.

Thanks for all input

J

My RC micro usb is still perfectly intact but I recognise it’s inherent weakness and do like the idea of the magnetic usb leads.
I primarily use a tablet (connected via the bottom standard usb connector) so the micro USB port is for charging only.

I am hoping that those who have used them can reassure me that the magnetism won’t cause any problems either to the RC or, by being in the Mavic Air carry bag with the MA, to the MA itself and its calibration.

If there is any doubt then I won’t use it but the idea of leaving the connector always plugged into the micro USB port is very appealing.

Thanks for all input

J
Half a dozen flights and no problem.

J
Ordered one a few minutes ago, just for the convenience. :)

Bought a few of these the other day:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076QBPYMV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While they appear to work, I'm still worried about how the magnet would affect the MP compass when the MP and RC are packed in close proximity in a bag. I'm not worried about issues in flight - more worried about magnetizing or knocking the compass cal out of whack. So for those who have used them, how do you pack your Mavic, how close is the micro usb magnet stub, and how long have you been doing it without issue?

LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde