DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BT-35E

No video proof, just first hand knowledge. Update your glass’s firmware to R1.5 and they are ready to roll with the hdmi box.

Reactions: bonzo
No video proof, just first hand knowledge. Update your glass’s firmware to R1.5 and they are ready to roll with the hdmi box.
I have proof...I just did it. My BT-300 glasses, hooked to a BT-35E box works with the HDMI and also with the USB-C output from my laptop.

I have not solved the problem of a device to fly my drone with the 35E box yet. The obvious answer (and the one that Epson gives you, BTW) is CrystalSky. Terrific right? Well, if any of you are thinking about flying with the Fluidity Aviator (which I have on order), you will need a bluetooth connection...and guess what CrystalSky does NOT have? Right. So you can't use CrystalSky with the Aviator.

Which leaves you to try to find a tablet / phone that has two ports - a USB-C and an HDMI or another USB-C that supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode. OK...good luck finding that. Everyone points to the NVIDIA Shield - which is no longer produced. I've been pestering a lot of people trying to find a NEW device that has multiple ports, one that supports AT LEAST USB-C DPA, and Bluetooth. Not finding the love.

My kingdom for the soul who can figure this out. Will a port-replicator work? If you can use something like THIS the problem is solved...I just don't know if it will work and I'm not sure it's worth the money to figure it all out. EDIT: This will not work...the output USB-C is power only. Ugh. Still looking.

- Gary

Finally someone who sees the problem.
Or perhaps many others saw the problem but didn't want to admit it.

"connect it to the phone's USB-C"
OK, then how do I connect the phone to the remote?
"connect it to the phone's USB-C"
OK, then how do I now connect the BT-35E?
"To the USB-C"
*sigh*

I have proof...I just did it. My BT-300 glasses, hooked to a BT-35E box works with the HDMI and also with the USB-C output from my laptop.

I have not solved the problem of a device to fly my drone with the 35E box yet. The obvious answer (and the one that Epson gives you, BTW) is CrystalSky. Terrific right? Well, if any of you are thinking about flying with the Fluidity Aviator (which I have on order), you will need a bluetooth connection...and guess what CrystalSky does NOT have? Right. So you can't use CrystalSky with the Aviator.

Which leaves you to try to find a tablet / phone that has two ports - a USB-C and an HDMI or another USB-C that supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode. OK...good luck finding that. Everyone points to the NVIDIA Shield - which is no longer produced. I've been pestering a lot of people trying to find a NEW device that has multiple ports, one that supports AT LEAST USB-C DPA, and Bluetooth. Not finding the love.

My kingdom for the soul who can figure this out. Will a port-replicator work? If you can use something like THIS the problem is solved...I just don't know if it will work and I'm not sure it's worth the money to figure it all out. EDIT: This will not work...the output USB-C is power only. Ugh. Still looking.

- Gary
Would someone please take a look at the specs for THIS REPLICATOR --- If I'm reading this right, from a single USB port, you can get another USB-C port (bi-directional, I hope...it's NOT just for charging) AND a HDMI port. If I'm seeing it right, would this do the trick???

Would someone please take a look at the specs for THIS REPLICATOR --- If I'm reading this right, from a single USB port, you can get another USB-C port (bi-directional, I hope...it's NOT just for charging) AND a HDMI port. If I'm seeing it right, would this do the trick???

Sounds like the new smart controller is just what you are looking for.
Lets hope so I would love a set of BT 30 5E is

Sounds like the new smart controller is just what you are looking for.
It does seem like the Smart Controller will have everything we're waiting for. I've been told it has an HDMI output as well as bluetooth. That would solve all of the issues.

Of course, this means buying an M2 (it supports Occusync 2.0 and I believe all the M1s are on Occusync 1 - somebody confirm, please), a smart controller ($650-ish), the Aviator, and the goggles: So you won't use the controller at all for much (The Aviator controls flight and camera operations) or the screen (the glasses manage the screen)...so basically, you're paying the 650 for not a whole lot other than compatibility. Although, I guess compared to buying a similarly sized CrystalSky (approx 450) and not having the Aviator work at all, this is a small uplift.

Just received my Bt-35's. Looking through the manual, i see no instructions on using the camera on the BT-35s. Is there an app that is used while connecting them to a phone or tablet?

Just received my Bt-35's. Looking through the manual, i see no instructions on using the camera on the BT-35s. Is there an app that is used while connecting them to a phone or tablet?
Will these glasses work with the MA controller?

Just a quick update:
I have now connected the BT-300 glasses to the BT-35E control unit, into an NVIDIA Shield via HDMI, connected to my Mavic Controller to the micro USB and ran Go 4. Everything worked perfectly.

The pros:
  • Because of the mirroring, you could have someone look at the Shield while you look at the glasses and you can both see the flight. No strange mirroring or casting programs needed, as is the case with the BT-300 natively
  • The NVIDIA Shield will not have the heating problems that the BT-300 is purported to have (which I have personally not experienced as an issue, but I believe those who have)
  • There is no perceivable lag. It behaves (unofficially) exactly like the BT-300s natively with their Android touchpad
The cons:
  • The "Kit" for this setup is the controller, the NVIDIA, the glasses, the interface box, and the power for the interface box (I'm using a RavPower 4k pack). I also have an antenna (Titan Switch - which doesn't really count in the formula here). But then you have the cables for all of that and have to figure out how to hold it all. It's a bit of a rats nest and you really don't want to accidentally pull out any wires while you're in flight!
  • You can't see where you're touching the NVIDIA shield in the image projected in the glasses. With the BT-300 natively, your "Mouse" is visible within the glass' image as you slide your finger over the touchpad. Unlike the BT-300 unit, therefore, with the BT-35E, you need to either look through the glasses (through the image) or around them, in order to see the screen and touch where you want to touch. Since I have the Ace Solitaire enclosures, this is a bit of a PITA...and will not let you wear dark shades or black outs and fly. I'll keep playing with the NVIDIA to see if there's some option to show the cursor, but I didn't find it yet
  • The NVIDIA Shield is discontinued and there are no other tablets still in production that support an HDMI out. You can get USB-C's that support video, but then you need another USB input to handle the controller...no other tablets have multiple ports at this point. I have yet to check to see if there are any replicators that will work (most provide the HDMI port and a USB port, but the USB port does not support data, only power (for recharging). You need both. Just a reminder, for those of you who suggest the CrystalSky as a solution (which has an HDMI port, so it WILL work with the BT-35E interface), I'm looking for a device which will also support Bluetooth - required by the Fluidity Aviator. The CS does not support bluetooth and therefore is ruled out for the total kit towards which I'm working. Since the BT-300 does support bluetooth, it will work with the Aviator.
My next update will be once I get my Aviator (supposedly to ship at the end of Q1)...then I'll try the whole shooting match out.

- Gary.

Does anyone know if the BT35 glasses will work with the BT300 android box?
I don't know this for certain, but I'm going to guess yes. The connector is identical - as are the internal specs on the glasses. I think the only difference in the glasses is the eyepiece mechanism - looks like the BT-35Es adjust for a better fit. I have the Ace Solitaires with my BT-300s, so the temples are already removed - I use the strap to hold the unit...so that doesn't make a difference to me.

I can confirm the do work, Both of the glasses are interchangeable with the android box, and the hdmi box.

I returned my BT-300 in exchange for the BT-35e Moverio - the 300 touchpad was driving me insane as it’s WAY too sensitive and was always inadvertently opening (or closing) something unintended at the worst possible time - also kept overheating even in 50° weather. Waypoint 2.0 could not be used with the 300’s either as the latest Go 4 update is not compatible.

I have the ideal setup now that I’m finally happy with and I’ve used every possible combo out there with my Mavic 2 to include the Crystalsky.

I also have screen redundancy which is a huge plus. I use my Smart Controller for my touchscreen which is crazy easy by a simple glance down, but also have a REALLY bright 90 inch HD “screen” through the glasses that mirrors the controller and with no lag. Couldn’t be happier!!

Also, cabling is surprisingly manageable and unobtrusive as well, due to researching the perfect HDMI and USB cables on Amazon. For sound, I simply pair a TINY Bluetooth wireless earbud to my Smart Controller.

I now (finally) consider this to be the ideal setup for both FPV and aerial photography on my Mavic 2 Pro :-D

Last edited:
I agree having a video touch screen is more ideal than a so called touch pad that moves a mouse for an app designed for "touch here" screen

True - and using the “press screen” gimble movement on the BT-300 touchpad gave me callouses and resulted in sloppy movement. The Smart Controller for this task is butter smooth.

One other ergonomic point about the two different Moverio setups:

1) I found myself having to hold my M2 controller / 300 touchpad in one hand in order to effectively use the touchpad. Holding that loosy-goosy mavic bracket setup they include makes for one handed holding of your setup very awkward. With my new setup, I can hold the Smart Controller with both hands while still operating the touchscreen much more naturally.

2) The BT-300s are lighter in weight, but the much weaker temple arms didn't make the 300s feel very secure on my head, the BT-35e temple arms are a complete re-design and are spring loaded to fit securely on any width head and feel much more secure.

The only drawback to the BT-35e set is that they do not fold, but is a fair tradeoff for the new arm design. Though they came with a VERY nice but massive case, I left that behind and can still fit them in my Mavic 2 carry bag along with a ton of other stuff, to include my larger Smart Controller (which has the tiny HDMI controller semi-permanently attached). I hate having to carry multiple bags on a project. Grab one and go!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb