DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

desertvet38

Reactions
So this 586' ship moored itself near my home the other day, so since it was gorgeous out, I wanted to get down there and get some drone footage of her before she departed. She was actually being filled (you'll see it in the video) with some type of mineral. Not sure what it was... But it was fun getting out of the house for a bit and getting some fresh air, and of course getting my M2P up in the air. I love videoing (is that even a word?) large ships, as you've probably figured out by now. I'm thinking of starting to get into getting video of trains as well. Anyways, I hope you like this video, and have a great weekend! Safe flying! :cool:

I was able to view it. Nice video.

Reactions: desertvet38
So this 586' ship moored itself near my home the other day, so since it was gorgeous out, I wanted to get down there and get some drone footage of her before she departed. She was actually being filled (you'll see it in the video) with some type of mineral. Not sure what it was... But it was fun getting out of the house for a bit and getting some fresh air, and of course getting my M2P up in the air. I love videoing (is that even a word?) large ships, as you've probably figured out by now. I'm thinking of starting to get into getting video of trains as well. Anyways, I hope you like this video, and have a great weekend! Safe flying! :cool:
Comments from the top of my head....I liked the video. The music- meh! That ship certainly needs a rust and paint job!!! I was squirming when the drone got uncomfortably close to the super structure. I expected to see a crew member yelling at you to stay farther away. Brave shots.

I agree with @Dale D - like the video but not so much the music. It looks like that is the Mosaic plant and it is a good chance that is phosphate being loaded

Ship Spotting with a drone. My favourite kind of video. Nice job.
Do you know what they are loading onto the boat?
Also very brave of you to buz the wheelhouse like that haha. Very nice video
Subscribed to your channel check out mine if you like ship spotting
www.youtube.com/northcoastdrone

Comments from the top of my head....I liked the video. The music- meh! That ship certainly needs a rust and paint job!!! I was squirming when the drone got uncomfortably close to the super structure. I expected to see a crew member yelling at you to stay farther away. Brave shots.
Yeah, she definitely needs to go into refurb for a bit. I'm not an expert at picking out music..I just go with what's in my gut on what sounds good. I know everyone will not agree or like my choices, and that's okay...to each their own. :) Yeah, I did get a little close at the end of that run across the bridge. I won't be doing anymore shots where I'm actually OVER the ship... I've had people give me advice to stay away from going over them. Just get shots that are a short distance away.

Yeah, she definitely needs to go into refurb for a bit. I'm not an expert at picking out music..I just go with what's in my gut on what sounds good. I know everyone will not agree or like my choices, and that's okay...to each their own. :) Yeah, I did get a little close at the end of that run across the bridge. I won't be doing anymore shots where I'm actually OVER the ship... I've had people give me advice to stay away from going over them. Just get shots that are a short distance away.
Living here in Miami I am always really tempted to fly over the big cruise ships as they leave every Sunday evening, starting around 4 PM, from the cruise port, one by one. They are really massive. I'd love to fly over them looking straight down. But then I imagine my Mavic 2 falling onto a ship, or being arrested by the Miami Beach police and I quickly lose that desire to fly over them. Sometimes , common sense is better part of disgression. Since everything has gotten so tight and tense lately with drones, I am playing it really safe. I just fly where there are few to no people.

Living here in Miami I am always really tempted to fly over the big cruise ships as they leave every Sunday evening, starting around 4 PM, from the cruise port, one by one. They are really massive. I'd love to fly over them looking straight down. But then I imagine my Mavic 2 falling onto a ship, or being arrested by the Miami Beach police and I quickly lose that desire to fly over them. Sometimes , common sense is better part of disgression. Since everything has gotten so tight and tense lately with drones, I am playing it really safe. I just fly where there are few to no people.
I hear ya! I've never gone over a cruise ship while she was under power heading out of the Bay into the Gulf, but I've always wanted to. Our cruise ships depart around the same time I believe...4:00'ish. I did fly over a moored cruise ship...the "Norwegian Dawn", which I believe I posted on here. But yeah, better safe than sorry. I'll fly NEXT to one as it's heading out, but definitely not OVER. :)

Ship Spotting with a drone. My favourite kind of video. Nice job.
Do you know what they are loading onto the boat?
Also very brave of you to buz the wheelhouse like that haha. Very nice video
Subscribed to your channel check out mine if you like ship spotting
www.youtube.com/northcoastdrone
Wow...I just opened up your YouTube page, and I already like it, without even looking at any of your videos! Nicely put together, and I can tell you take quality material! I'll be looking at it tonight before going to bed. Thanks for subscribing to mine! :) Thank you for the compliment as well...much appreciated! Wheelhouses are just meant to be buzzed! :cool:

Reactions: blackomega
I hear ya! I've never gone over a cruise ship while she was under power heading out of the Bay into the Gulf, but I've always wanted to. Our cruise ships depart around the same time I believe...4:00'ish. I did fly over a moored cruise ship...the "Norwegian Dawn", which I believe I posted on here. But yeah, better safe than sorry. I'll fly NEXT to one as it's heading out, but definitely not OVER. :)
This film (attached) was made before I even owned a drone. This film contains clips of timelapse sequence of the parade of Sunday's cruises as they leave the Port of Miami. I have come a long way since producing this film.Cruise ships start around 00:42- So awful.

This film (attached) was made before I even owned a drone. This film contains clips of timelapse sequence of the parade of Sunday's cruises as they leave the Port of Miami. I have come a long way since producing this film.Cruise ships start around 00:42- So awful.
Still pretty awesome though! I love the pic at 01:00! Beautiful!

Still pretty awesome though! I love the pic at 01:00! Beautiful!
Yes- I love that shot too! It was taken from the penthouse apartment on (The Fur Seasons Hotel-Miami) on Brickell Avenue of a friend who let me use his apartment for several hours to do a time lapse.I don't want to hijack the thread of this post but here is the full time lapse from that penthouse apartment. Again, these are only timelapse, not drone shots.

Yes- I love that shot too! It was taken from the penthouse apartment on (The Fur Seasons Hotel-Miami) on Brickell Avenue of a friend who let me use his apartment for several hours to do a time lapse.I don't want to hijack the thread of this post but here is the full time lapse from that penthouse apartment. Again, these are only timelapse, not drone shots.
Awesome stuff! I love the head statue at 00:33! Just so cool looking...like he's meditating with all this confusion going on around him. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3