DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Very stable given the winds, judging by the flag/smoke stax. Good job!

Great Video. Wish I could fly that good. Thanks for sharing.
Wow...thank you very much! I am still a newbie and learning more and more each day...mostly by looking at the forums on here. People on here (for the most part) are VERY helpful and willing to share their experiences with you to make you better. I've still got more learning to do, but I look forward to all advice on here that I've yet to receive! The one thing I will say that will make you better, without a doubt, is practice, practice, practice! Good luck, God bless, and safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: jag32266 and WAXMAN
Very stable given the winds, judging by the flag/smoke stax. Good job!
Thank you so much for the compliment! I checked the winds after I was finished and sitting in my car, and it was 9mph gusting to 13mph. So, not as bad as some winds I've been in, but still enough to put my learned skills to use! Safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: WAXMAN
Thank you so much for the compliment! I checked the winds after I was finished and sitting in my car, and it was 9mph gusting to 13mph. So, not as bad as some winds I've been in, but still enough to put my learned skills to use! Safe flying! :cool:
Two things to keep in mind. First, if you are caught in high winds, I don't recommend anything past 13-14mph, and find it difficult to get her back remember you can always switch it into 'sports' to have additional HP (horsepower) to try and get her back. Sports is the switch on the right hand side. I haven't had to do that yet but I thought about it.
Second- keep in the mind to check before flying the KP-index. Some apps have this built in or you can find websites for your phone. The KP index concerns solar flares/radiation which will interfere with your RC communication. You don't want to loose communication between your bird/radio in flight on a fresh battery- big sinking feeling. Oh, and just because your monitor may say it has lost contact you may still be able to fly with your stix and it better be to either get her down immediately or get her back to you.
IMHO.

Reactions: desertvet38
Hi....although I have little interest in ships, i enjoyed this and was prompted to look up the Patagonia to learn that according to the Marine Traffic: Global Tracking site she is currently docked at Tampa Florida (has had a facelift against the registration colour/color.....unless due to some clever post production LOL).
PATAGONIA (IMO: 9611280) is a Bulk Carrier that was built in 2012 (8 years ago) and is sailing under the flag of Singapore.
It’s carrying capacity is 35964 t DWT and her current draught is reported to be 7.6 meters. Her length overall (LOA) is 180 meters and her width is 29.99 meters.
Thanks mate from Down Under (Stay Safe)

Reactions: desertvet38
Two things to keep in mind. First, if you are caught in high winds, I don't recommend anything past 13-14mph, and find it difficult to get her back remember you can always switch it into 'sports' to have additional HP (horsepower) to try and get her back. Sports is the switch on the right hand side. I haven't had to do that yet but I thought about it.
Second- keep in the mind to check before flying the KP-index. Some apps have this built in or you can find websites for your phone. The KP index concerns solar flares/radiation which will interfere with your RC communication. You don't want to loose communication between your bird/radio in flight on a fresh battery- big sinking feeling. Oh, and just because your monitor may say it has lost contact you may still be able to fly with your stix and it better be to either get her down immediately or get her back to you.
IMHO.
Yes, anything over 15mph, I really don't want to be in. One day, I did get a little too adventurous, and took my M2P out for another ship, and it was gusting up to 25mph. She handled like a beast though! I won't do that again. As far as the "sports mode"...I've heard mixed reactions about using it when you need to get back quickly. Some say it burns up the remaining battery life too quickly, and there's a good chance you won't make it back...others say just to leave it on "P mode", and you'll have a much better chance of getting back to your starting point. I usually just leave it in "P mode" AS SOON as I get the warning (25% battery life remaining) to RTH. I've never had an issue. I guess to each, their own... I've got an app that shows the KP index...called "UAV Forecast". I think a lot of us flyers have this app, as it provides quite a lot of valuable information about the location where you are launching from, and whether it's safe to fly, based on the parameters you adjust for all the different settings. Thanks for the info, and for watching my video. Safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: WAXMAN
Hi....although I have little interest in ships, i enjoyed this and was prompted to look up the Patagonia to learn that according to the Marine Traffic: Global Tracking site she is currently docked at Tampa Florida (has had a facelift against the registration colour/color.....unless due to some clever post production LOL).
PATAGONIA (IMO: 9611280) is a Bulk Carrier that was built in 2012 (8 years ago) and is sailing under the flag of Singapore.
It’s carrying capacity is 35964 t DWT and her current draught is reported to be 7.6 meters. Her length overall (LOA) is 180 meters and her width is 29.99 meters.
Thanks mate from Down Under (Stay Safe)
Thank you for taking the time to watch my video! Yes, you have the correct IMO # of her. I did not do any color correction (changing) at all. Just added a slight touch of saturation, that's it. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and even watch some of my other videos on my channel! Have a good one, and safe flying! :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78