DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable choice for Iphone 8

CrowsFeet

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Coukd anyone recommend a safe 3rd party cale for the remote <-> iphone 8 plus? Id prefer not to charge my phone or thw remote while in use so need to use the bottom port. Is that right?

Would a 20cm cable with right angle connector work?

My android also charges from the bottom port. Ipad doesn't. Not sure about iPhone.
If you use the bottom port, you can charge the RC with a power tank used for smartphones. I use that often. Charges both RC and phone (again, not sure about iPhone) that way. Long time to fly before the RC and Phone batteries are even starting to get less, and then you still have the full normal battery live left.

the remote with NOT charge an iPhone nor iPad. So if you plug into the side port, the one that came with the Mavic should work ok, or use any lighting/USB cable and plug into the USB port on the bottom of the RC, remember to unplug the side connector if plugging into the USB port, otherwise you will not get a connection to the iPhone

That’s strange. As soon as I connect my iPhone 8 Plus to my remote using the supplied cable and the side port, the phone starts charging.

Using a normal charge cable and the bottom plug, no charging.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BentenL