DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibration question

scooot

Reactions
Hi all,
I received my Mavic on Friday and have had 4 short flights in beginner mode to get a feel for it with no issues.The mavic is great to fly.
I gave up on 2 phantom 3's that give me constant compass error prompts and the drones flew very erratic.I did on both occasions calibrate the compasses out of the box following the recommended procedures.
I returned both phantoms out of sheer frustration.I then ordered the mavic over 3 months ago.
My question is this-
As the mavic seems to be flying flawlessly at present should I CALIBRATE or NOT taking into account the drone has travelled half way round the world to reach me.?

Cheers Scott

Last edited:
if its not broken dont fix it.
usually it will ask for it to be calibrated if it is needed.

There are lots of threads on this with varying opinions, many of them a throwback to the earlier days, IMO.

The manual states not to calibtate unless prompted. I have never calibrated mine and it flies and performs perfectly.

That said, pay attention to your prompts, and compass condition on startup, and check to see if it's position matches the icon on the map in all directions. If it does you should be good to go.

Reactions: JHSlayer
Hi,
Cheers for the replies.
Another 2 flights today and all is ok.I am staying in beginner mode for a few flights more until my confidence grows a bit.I have done a fair bit stick work with the hubsan So control wise I'm ok.I just want to fully understand the mavic's abilities and all features before venturing further afield.

Hi,
Cheers for the replies.
Another 2 flights today and all is ok.I am staying in beginner mode for a few flights more until my confidence grows a bit.I have done a fair bit stick work with the hubsan So control wise I'm ok.I just want to fully understand the mavic's abilities and all features before venturing further afield.
You are wise to take it slow and understand everything. Enjoy and best of luck to you.

Reactions: scooot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie