DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I transport my Mavic in Thailand?

Hi Collins,

Is that means before Jan 2018, as a tourist we no need to apply any permit from NBTC and CAAT to fly drone in Thailand.

Basically, yes...

You don’t need to register with the NBTC before Jan 2018. Although the regulations imply that all drones need to also be registered at the CAAT, this is, in practice, only needed for commercial work.

Basically, yes...

You don’t need to register with the NBTC before Jan 2018. Although the regulations imply that all drones need to also be registered at the CAAT, this is, in practice, only needed for commercial work.
Hi Collins,

Thank for the information. It really help a lot.

I am going to be in Thailand Koh Tao in December and also looking into this, so after reading what Collin has mentioned from the article in a Thai Newspaper I googled further and I saw this article in a few publications BUT what gets to me about this article it states

"Last week, the Thailand’s National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) announced that all drones in Thailand need to be registered.
The NBTC said the move came after only 350 drones out of an estimated 50,000 had previously been registered in Thailand.
Owners have until January 2018 to get with the program or face up to 5 years in jail and/or a fine of 100,000 Baht.
In addition, if you are flying a drone for commercial purposes then you be insured and have permission from the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT)."

this is great becuase I will be home already in January 2018, except that on the CAAT website it clearly states that any drone with a camera needs to be registered with the CAAT it does not mention anything about the use for commercial flight. Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Regulation - The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) | สำนักงานการบินพลเรือนแห่งประเทศไทย *edited February 2017*

so does this mean

1. registration with CAAT and NBTC needs to be done by Jan 2018
2. registration with NBTC needs to be done by Jan 2018 but with CAAT already
3. All of the above just leave the quad at home.

this is what I hate about legislation there are 2 departments involved and like 4 different ways to understand the legislation.

Just my take and question on the subject

I am going to be in Thailand Koh Tao in December and also looking into this, so after reading what Collin has mentioned from the article in a Thai Newspaper I googled further and I saw this article in a few publications BUT what gets to me about this article it states

"Last week, the Thailand’s National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) announced that all drones in Thailand need to be registered.
The NBTC said the move came after only 350 drones out of an estimated 50,000 had previously been registered in Thailand.
Owners have until January 2018 to get with the program or face up to 5 years in jail and/or a fine of 100,000 Baht.
In addition, if you are flying a drone for commercial purposes then you be insured and have permission from the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT)."

this is great becuase I will be home already in January 2018, except that on the CAAT website it clearly states that any drone with a camera needs to be registered with the CAAT it does not mention anything about the use for commercial flight. Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Regulation - The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) | สำนักงานการบินพลเรือนแห่งประเทศไทย *edited February 2017*

so does this mean

1. registration with CAAT and NBTC needs to be done by Jan 2018
2. registration with NBTC needs to be done by Jan 2018 but with CAAT already
3. All of the above just leave the quad at home.

this is what I hate about legislation there are 2 departments involved and like 4 different ways to understand the legislation.

Just my take and question on the subject
Hi Mod,

This is really confusing right now as if you contact CAAT it require you to register your drone and also you need to get drone insurance of THB 100,000 of the value. But if you just not a commercial drone flyer then I not sure this is still valid as I know most of the drone insurance only cover for the company not for personal or individual. There is alot unknow as long as you dare to bring over and try your luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy