DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you spot the Air2 in this photo?

Hello from the Crossroads of America Dayv.

Hope the rescue mission goes well in the future.

I've seen some incredible rescues on YouTube.

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. 😎

Reactions: dsrtrdr7
The position and angles hint if any water gets to the battery terminals it'll sit there. Here's hoping the battery is fully depleted before it rains.

That said, pretty amazing you found it.

Looks intact, except for the collapsed front right arm! Might be able lift her out with some kind of a grappling hook on an Mavic 2 or a P4P that can lift a Mavic Air 2. Good luck! At least all the Mavic Air 2 batteries and hub and RC are fully compatible with the Air 2S. No need for the Air 2S Fly More kit!
I tied a hook to the Mini, it won't lift anything. Got the Fly More anyway and the pro RC!

The position and angles hint if any water gets to the battery terminals it'll sit there. Here's hoping the battery is fully depleted before it rains.

That said, pretty amazing you found it.
It wanted to start after the crash, but I was getting the blocked propeller warning. Should be dead. It snowed last night.

That's why I purchased a set of these from Amazon ($15):

WREOW 2 IN 1 Pocket Size Gravity Hook,Stainless Steel Grappling Hook Survival Folding Rock Climbing Claw Multifunctional Tool Tactical Emergency Tool for Outdoor Life (2 PACK)​

So now all I have to do is figure out a "break-away" system so that my rescue drone doesn't get stuck/anchored while trying to retrieve a lost drone. I plan on using some fishing monofilament line or lightweight Paracord line attached to the gravity hook to keep the weight as low as possible. This seller offers several different sizes and I chose the "small" one.

Image 2-22-22 at 14.36.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WREOW 2 IN 1 Pocket Size Gravity Hook,Stainless Steel Grappling Hook Survival Folding Rock Climbing Claw Multifunctional Tool Tactical Emergency Tool for Outdoor Life (2 PACK)​

So now all I have to do is figure out a "break-away" system so that my rescue drone doesn't get stuck/anchored while trying to retrieve a lost drone. I plan on using some fishing monofilament line or lightweight Paracord line attached to the gravity hook to keep the weight as low as possible. This seller offers several different sizes and I chose the "small" one.

View attachment 144358
That's what I need. It's under a branch, could be tricky. I'm not sure I want to risk the new A2S. Would be fun to try though. Thanks.

That's what I need. It's under a branch, could be tricky. I'm not sure I want to risk the new A2S. Would be fun to try though. Thanks.
Let us know how goes !!

First, sorry to see you drone stranded on the bluff, I hope it can be recovered.

If you give it a go with a gravity hook and it wouldn't be a distraction a video would be fantastic.

Strega315, you are on a roll today with information. I'm going to grab on just to have along with some braided fishing line..... you know, just in case

View attachment 144358
That's the same grapple I use. Works great, I took some of the "double" arms off to make it lighter. I use my air2 to "rescue" my mini. I also use a light activated release mechanism. Lots of fun practicing with this setup.

View attachment 144358
I received my ordered pair last night!
Had fun picking up pens off the floor, practicing!
Very cool addition to my drone recovery toolbox!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying