DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you tell me why the change?

bburnett15

Reactions
The first picture is a zoomed-in detail from a picture two weeks ago.
The second picture is a zoomed-in detail from a picture i took today. All the pictures i took today were pixilated . Is there a setting i might have accidentally hit?
D4FE4BE0-D77F-42D4-9A48-CE79011831C0.png

95D3A3F7-BEF3-4CCF-8C20-9DA6B94020AE.png

The first picture is a zoomed-in detail from a picture two weeks ago.
The second picture is a zoomed-in detail from a picture i took today. All the pictures i took today were pixilated . Is there a setting i might have accidentally hit?
View attachment 124008

View attachment 124009
I think all the Mavic 2's have auto focus (I have a Zoom) and with the Zoom this can happen if the auto focus focuses on something very close to the camera before take off. After take off I have to remember to tap the screen on something far away to get the focus correct.

I dunno- i downloaded using the GoShare app on the smart controller- maybe its as simple as that. They downloaded quickly
I think thats it, the fact that they downloaded quickly might be the key.
Its easy to make that mistake . Your drone might be as good as new now ,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain / Snow

Last edited:
All the pictures i took today were pixilated . Is there a setting i might have accidentally hit?
Post original full-size files rather than manipulated parts of photos and I might be able to see what the issue is.

Good news/bad news
Good news: i accessed yesterdays photos using my computer and the image quality was perfect!
Bad News- i have no idea why it came out bad and if i was copying from the cache rather than the card- how did i change it and how do i change it back?

Good news/bad news
Good news: i accessed yesterdays photos using my computer and the image quality was perfect!
Bad News- i have no idea why it came out bad and if i was copying from the cache rather than the card- how did i change it and how do i change it back?
The file names were a good clue that you were using cache images rather than the full-sized images.

i’ve never got the full-sized images. Nothing is happening any differently than ever except the quality of the images went from fantastic to bad.
Are you getting your images from the SD card?
They should have simple, short file names like DJI_0527.JPG

yes, I was previously. but i did nothing different this time and the file names are different. fortunately i was just taking lots of random shots so if these are the only shots that screwed up, it won't be a big deal.

yes, I was previously. but i did nothing different this time and the file names are different. fortunately i was just taking lots of random shots so if these are the only shots that screwed up, it won't be a big deal.
I'm not convinced that those were original full-sized images from the SD card.
The file names look like cached image file names.
I suspect that's the issue but your responses haven't helped.
But you didn't post the actual images which would have helped answer your questions.

I got rid of the bad ones. this was taken earlier this week- hand-held. When you zoom in, it gets blurry, not pixelated.
Pitched roofs looked like they were made of legos- but this doesnt have DJI in the file name either. Does it have anything to do with using the SC? Ill try to find abd post a “lego” shot
A98CFDC3-EED3-4462-A1B4-E371837AAAC4.jpeg

I got rid of the bad ones. this was taken earlier this week- hand-held. When you zoom in, it gets blurry, not pixelated.
Pitched roofs looked like they were made of legos- but this doesnt have DJI in the file name either. Does it have anything to do with using the SC? Ill try to find abd post a “lego” shot
If you are using a Mavic 2 pro to shoot stills, your original images would be 5472×3648 pixels.
But the image you posted is less than 1/4 of that size at 2227 × 1485.
You are not looking at a full-sized original image but a much smaller cached version.
That's why it goes to pieces when you enlarge it.

To see your real images, you need to pop the SD card, put it in a $3 SD card reader and put that in your computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Made2Phly
Here’s what i was complaining about (this was from my DJI photos- dont know if that means its compressed):
B413B34B-6AC6-4F5B-8D98-1DB9F148DC46.jpeg
so
Wouldnt the drone act as a card reader if i connect directly to the computer? I have difficulty handling items as small as a micro SD card

If you are using a Mavic 2 pro to shoot stills, your original images would be 5472×3648 pixels.
But the image you posted is less than 1/4 of that size at 2227 × 1485.
You are not looking at a full-sized original image but a much smaller cached version.
That's why it goes to pieces when you enlarge it.

To see your real images, you need to pop the SD card, put it in a $3 SD card reader and put that in your computer.
Thats interesting- thank you!
this was "downloaded" earlier this month with the SC, using the same process as the other examples, but this is a march larger file:
8F67277D-147C-489A-844D-1192043648D6_1_105_c.jpeg

so why does it change image resolution on it's own, when light is not a factor?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming