DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't connect to aircraft but can still fly?

Mark Houghton

Reactions
My iPhone 7 can't seem to connect to air craft. RC n... is in red and on bottom it has a red phone x arrow point up in red. When I tap on it it says connect air craft and try again, Have tried many times but will no connect. the drone blinks yellow in back and solid red in front. The drone still flies and is operational ? Any thoughts? Very frustrating thank you Mark

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Mark,
From what I understand and have read, the aircraft will fly with just the controller an no phone. I am not familiar with iPhones but often it seems the cable from the controller to the phone can be an issue from what I have read.. Hopefully someone with some apple experience will chime in.

Welcome to the forum.
Yes it will fly without a device.
If it was me I would take my charging cord for my phone, plug it in the bottom of the tx then my phone . That would eliminate a cord issue.
Still no good then delete app and reinstall and log back in.
Then that not work we go from there.

Added / be sure to unplug the cable on the side of the Tx if you use the usb on the bottom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
What flight app are you using DJI Go4 or DJI Fly ?

What your describing sounds like it is DJI Fly, what drone are you using ?

Is this what your referring to in the center bottom of the screen

1599271575721.png1599271446876.png

Hello Everyone, Thank you for your help. Got it working on and off this morning but can't figure it out still seems to be a loose connection possible in the cord from the control to the phone. Kind of bummer for a new drone.

Hello Everyone, Thank you for your help. Got it working on and off this morning but can't figure it out still seems to be a loose connection possible in the cord from the control to the phone. Kind of bummer for a new drone.
What are you flying.
Is easy to put in your signature and sure helps members give you
answers as well as helping staff move it to the correct section
if misplaced.

Reactions: Johnmcl7

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127