DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't win for losing on this Android tablet situation.

You're probably right, but I was hoping this little tablet would at least be "acceptable". Best Buy had it for $149, so I had to try it.
I hear you mate,
but at least for me, switching options off to be able to use it (Fly app) is a no-no as who knows what next apps update will be like, it might need even more resources due to added functions so newly purchased tabled become obsolete

I use both iOS and android for the tablet I use the asus zen pad s3 and it runs go4 and the fly app flawlessly. I use the XR too and it is flawless too being iOS it should... So you can get a android tablet that works but they usually are over 300 bucks new.

Last edited:
I fell into an immaculate second hand M3 but I was
going to buy, the Huawei M5 Lite 8 inch.
I also bought a new Huawei P Smart Mobile Phone and it runs the Fly App no problem.
I'm using my p30 pro works great but could do with the little extra screen, I was going for the m5 8.4 inch 3gb ram as I can't get the 4gb on Amazon, I can 3d print a holder if it doesn't fit, I'm just not sure if the lite 3gb will be up to the job

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I'm using my p30 pro works great but could do with the little extra screen, I was going for the m5 8.4 inch 3gb ram as I can't get the 4gb on Amazon, I can 3d print a holder if it doesn't fit, I'm just not sure if the lite 3gb will be up to the job
hard to tell mate, best would be to try and send back if flaws

I think you will be alright with it, but your like me you would feel better
if you spoke to someone that was using it.
My Huawei P- Smart Mobile has very good resolution and 6.2 inch screen, it's only 3Gb and works great.

I'm a die hard Android user - tablets and phones.

Do yourself a favor....... get an iPad Mini 5 to use just with your drones.

I did exactly this, and I don't regret it (currently flying MM and MA2).

Stay safe!
I did this too and feel the same. Just make sure it’s a mini 5.

I think you will be alright with it, but your like me you would feel better
if you spoke to someone that was using it.
My Huawei P- Smart Mobile has very good resolution and 6.2 inch screen, it's only 3Gb and works great.
I'll let you know over the weekend [emoji106]

I use a Samsung S5e. Absolutely no problems. Connects every time. The problem is some tablets will no run 64bit programs. Everything looks fine until you connect with the drone.

Get a 5e. You will be glad you did. I also use my Note 8. Works fine.
Thank you for the vote of confidence, I was thinking of buying a 5e this weekend. Really good deal at Best Buy. Would I need to get another cable?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKAms