DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carbon Fiber Propellers OR NOT

flyinlow

Reactions
I am thinking of buying carbon fiber propellers. I defiantly don't want to buy bower ones. Should i get some save some weight and sound batterie life a bit? If so what brand should I get?

A stock propeller including the hub weighs 7.5 grams plus or minus a few tenths. How much do you really think you'll save? There's lots of discussion on the DJI forum about carbon fiber props. The majority of people aren't seeing any improvement in performance or battery life but say "they look cool." I wouldn't waste my money on them.

A stock propeller including the hub weighs 7.5 grams plus or minus a few tenths. How much do you really think you'll save? There's lots of discussion on the DJI forum about carbon fiber props. The majority of people aren't seeing any improvement in performance or battery life but say "they look cool." I wouldn't waste my money on them.
I was trying to look for other feeds on this but couldn't find any.

I remember seeing a vid where a guy hit himself with a phantom with carbon fibre props. Cut the heck out of his arms. The stock ones would still hurt but won't slice you open.

Was the same discussion then too. No real benefit.

Man I have used the carbon props since new and although I've only logged about 20 hrs, I was surprised the stock props are much quieter and I really didn't see a difference in performance. I didn't measure battery time or fly in sport mode though.

I am thinking of buying carbon fiber propellers. I defiantly don't want to buy bower ones. Should i get some save some weight and sound batterie life a bit? If so what brand should I get?

Just a thought on looks, I have a sign company if you wanted bespoke graphics made I can help, I see faces eyes an spitfire type images. But with my equipment anything is possible, landing pads.
But I agree you save much weight with carbon but anyone used the Mk 2 blades see if they make it a bit quieter ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan