DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CE version and FCC version

TDZHDTV

Reactions
So my first shake down test flight managed a 1200m @70m from home point before signal became a real issue (and for the record I fly VLOS normally). Aircraft Transmission was set to Auto, channel 149 5.8GHz.

I’ve realised today I can manually select a single digit channel and the frequency changes to 2.4GHz.

I Understand the 2.4 and 5.8GHz from an interference prospect if your in a urban area, can somebody please explain how this fits with CE and FCC version discussions.

So my first shake down test flight managed a 1200m @70m from home point before signal became a real issue (and for the record I fly VLOS normally). Aircraft Transmission was set to Auto, channel 149 5.8GHz.

I’ve realised today I can manually select a single digit channel and the frequency changes to 2.4GHz.

I Understand the 2.4 and 5.8GHz from an interference prospect if your in a urban area, can somebody please explain how this fits with CE and FCC version discussions.
the FCC version only has 5.8GHz the CE version has both 2 .4 and 5 .8

Reactions: Marc101 and TDZHDTV
As above be the FCC version only has 5.8ghz but more power. The version has 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz. the lower power means you'll get better range on 2.4ghz with the CE model

Reactions: Marc101 and TDZHDTV
Oh and it's not a small power difference. The FCC version has 1w / 1000mw at 5.8ghz. the CE version has about 0.025w / 25mw.

The 2.4ghz on the CE version is 80mw so 4x the power of the 5.8ghz in CE. Simple maths means that you should get double the range with 2.4ghz than you would with 5.8ghz but radio travels differently. The same power at 5.8ghz should cover less range than at 2.4ghz

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan