DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cinematic Drone Film Of Coogee Beach, Sydney, Australia

D

Divine

Here is a film I made in one of Sydney's best beaches consisting of a variety of different shots taken with a mavic mini.

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Anyone else see major stuttering, skipping in places ?

It played at 2160 straight up for me, thought my video card might not be coping, but even scaling back through stages to 720 it still does this ?

Could it be shot at 30fps and sped up making that happen ?

@Divine how many forums have you posted this to ?
To keep feedback together, it's usually best to just pick the best forum section and post it once.

Sorry, but I didn’t like this video, and I’m an Aussie born & raised in Sydney.
1. The video seems to jump in sections.
2. The footage (in my opinion) was way to heavily colour saturated. Almost to the point of it looking “cartoon like” in parts.
3. Hated the soundtrack. But just my opinion once again.
Overall it doesn’t do the beautiful Coogee Beach and coastline justice. (IMO)

Reactions: GFields
I agree it was way over color graded to the point there is no detail in the shadows.
Lovely spot though.

Beautiful location but as said, video hard to watch. Need to change settings..or drone.

Anyone else see major stuttering, skipping in places ?

It played at 2160 straight up for me, thought my video card might not be coping, but even scaling back through stages to 720 it still does this ?

Could it be shot at 30fps and sped up making that happen ?

@Divine how many forums have you posted this to ?
To keep feedback together, it's usually best to just pick the best forum section and post it once.
Same for me

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
This 3+ minute video could be 1/2 of that; pick the best shot and eliminate all other same or very similar shots.
I took the liberty of grabbing your video in HD and cut a different version with shorter cuts and more cinematic music. The capture has even more choppy / stuttering than the original but just look for the scene choices and music:

Reactions: Wade L. and 4006448
I'm going to focus on the basic issues because there are many areas for improvement. As already mentioned in previous posts:

- The video stutters: you must have edited with a timeline or rendered at a different fps than when you shot the video.
- The white balance is totally out of control: even the foam on the water is blue and all colours are blue shifted.
- Blacks are under exposed: turn them up
- Lack of detail: have you set the colour space of the project and render correctly?

As the video has been here for 4 days and you don't reply to anyone .... Are you posting the video to gain views or do you really want to improve it or learn how to make better videos?

Well, I don't think it's cinematic, perhaps the format, yes, but:
Nearly all of the video is stuttering. You produced in 24 ftp, but I'm quite sure you didn't filmed in 24 fps, right?

The video is dark, too dark. It's a beach, the sun is shining, but it looks like the night starts soon.

The blue/orange look: Yes, it's an option, if you like it, why not. I think it was intentionally, right? Using a LUT? I would have used less saturation, that's too much color...

The music: Well, everyone has a different taste. It fits to the scenes and the cuts, not that bad in my opinion.

The idea was nice, but you overdid a bit especially in the colors, white balance and converting the fps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato